Energy is finite – at least fossil fuels – and what we need to do is be smarter in how we consume them.
Chantilly, VA (PRWEB) November 01, 2014
An advanced 125-foot wind turbine has been installed at Honda of Chantilly, a member of the Pohanka Auto Group. The latest addition to the dealership’s green technology, the turbine is intended to help reduce the business’ impact on the environment.
Since opening earlier this year, Honda of Chantilly has continually strived to reduce its environmental impact and its carbon footprint for the future. As Geoff Pohanka of the Pohanka Auto Group says, “Energy is finite – at least fossil fuels – and what we need to do is be smarter in how we consume them.”
This is certainly the goal with the addition of the dealership’s new wind turbine: a Renewagy VP-20. With a capacity of 20 kilowatts, this turbine will supply electricity directly to Honda of Chantilly, as well as to the grid, to allow for less dependence on traditional fossil fuels.
Green Technology Is Central to Dealership’s Plans
The addition of this wind turbine is a first in the area, making Honda of Chantilly the only business in Fairfax to have one. As Ben Kamm of the Pohanka Auto Group points out, “Not a lot of dealers would put a windmill in, because of the money costs to initially start this.” At Honda of Chantilly, though, green features have always been a part of the plan.
Even while zoning the property before construction, the Pohanka Auto Group was focused on energy efficiency. Now, the addition of the turbine represents a great leap forward. Thanks to its pitch control system and internet monitoring, the VP-20 is unique in its market and stands as one of the most technologically advanced systems available today.
Combined with Honda of Chantilly’s other futuristic technologies, which include everything from systems for reducing and recycling water usage to LED lights and indigenous landscaping, this American-made turbine is part of an environmentally conscious system that the dealership is proud to stand behind.
In addition to the 125 foot wind turbine, we support going green in many other ways. For a full list of Honda of Chantilly green features, click here. Here's just handful of ways we help the environment:
· Dedicated low-emission vehicle and car pool parking
· Light pollution strategy-50% reduction of interior lighting after hours & 60% reduction of exterior lighting after hours
· Install a white roof membrane with a Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) greater than 78
· Install occupancy sensors to automatically reduce power consumption
· Install daylight sensors to automatically dim interior lighting
· All site lighting will be LED
· Provide dedicated recycling area
· All finish products will incorporate recycled content
· Provide natural lighting to a minimum of 75% of occupied spaces
· Provide electric vehicle charging station
For more information on Honda of Chantilly and the Pohanka Auto Group, including shared environmental efforts, be sure to contact Honda of Chantilly online or to call the dealership’s staff directly at (703) 633-2400.