Eustis, FL (PRWEB) November 03, 2014
The Florida Region of USA Volleyball is proud to announce that they will be managing the new Florida USAV Beach Series, set to kick off for the 2015 season. This series will replace the NVL & ROX Beach Series from the previous year and will offer playing divisions for both adults and juniors. Adults will be able to qualify for the ROX Volleyball Series Nationals and juniors will be able to earn bids for the USA Jr. Beach Tour (JBT), the ROX East Coast All-Star Championships, and the ROX Volleyball Series Nationals.
By participating in the Florida USAV Beach Series, affiliate tour directors in Florida will be able to offer their participants industry leading general liability and participant accident insurance coverage, the highest level of safeguards under the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) SafeSport program, regular promotion of tour events during the outdoor season and an opportunity to combine forces with select tours to create the largest beach tour in Florida.
The series of events hosted by the Florida Region will kick off on May 16th, 2015 at Hickory Point Beach (http://www.HickoryPointBeach.com), the largest sand volleyball complex in Florida. The initial event dates to be produced by Florida Region are as follows:
- May 16th, 2015 – Hickory Point Beach (Tavares, FL)
- June 13th, 2015 – Hickory Point Beach (Tavares, FL)
- June 27th, 2015 – Lido Key Beach (Sarasota, FL)
- July 18th, 2015 – Hickory Point Beach (Tavares, FL)
- August 15th, 2015 – Hickory Point Beach (Tavares, FL)
Additional dates will be added to the Florida USAV Beach Series master schedule on http://www.FloridaVolleyball.org once they are finalized with participating affiliate tours.
Other features that the Florida USAV Beach Series offers their tour affiliates and participants include:
- USAV members will be able to continue using their USAV memberships while playing on this tour. NO NEW BEACH MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE REQUIRED! This is a cost savings of $20 per person for current USAV members.
- All USAV coaches and officials will have a USAV approved background screen, eliminating risk for promoters & tour directors. This is important as part of the USOC mandated SafeSport program.
- All USAV coaches will have Beach IMPACT training opportunities along with a verification list provided to affiliate tour directors by the Florida Region.
- Certificates of insurance available for affiliate tours include both general liability insurance ($1M per occurrence/$5M aggregate) and participant accident/excess medical insurance (up to $25K).
- Affiliate tours will be listed on the master outdoor schedule (http://www.FloridaVolleyball.org)
- Tour promotion in the monthly Vol-eNews newsletter during the outdoor season.
- Event reminder included in weekly Florida Region Beach Blast during the outdoor season to USAV member database.
In addition to these features, the Florida USAV Beach Series will offer bids to the following national events:
- ROX East Coast Beach All-Star Championships (Jul 9-11, 2015)
- USA Junior Beach Tour National Championships (Jul 24-26, 2015)
- ROX Volleyball Series Nationals (Jul 31-Aug 2, 2015)
Steve Bishop, Executive Director and President of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball commented, “We are pleased to announce the launch of our newly branded Florida USAV Beach Series to highlight our reconnection with USAV for all beach programming in Florida. USAV Beach has made a strong commitment to make improvements to the national ranking system and they are considering a bid for Florida to host the 2015 USA JBT Championships. Our new Florida USAV Beach Series will have great benefits for both affiliate tour directors and participating adult and junior athletes. Additionally, we will be able to offer junior bids to three national beach events, which will allow more top junior athletes from Florida to compete nationally. 2015 should be an exciting year for beach volleyball athletes in Florida.”
Interested tour directors will have three affiliate agreement options to choose from, which offer varying levels of support and value. Participating tours in the Florida USAV Beach Series will also have access to the Florida Region buying club, which offers discounted pricing on event, staff & official’s shirts, ROX apparel, tents & tent frames, medals, ball-stops, banner flags and Molten volleyballs.
About Florida Region of USA Volleyball:
The Florida Region of USA Volleyball is a 501c3 non-profit that began operations in the 1960’s and was officially incorporated in 1982 to promote the sport of volleyball and to create competitive playing opportunities for volleyball enthusiasts of all ages throughout the State of Florida. The Florida Region is one of the 40 regional volleyball associations under the umbrella of USA Volleyball and currently serves over 12,500 members. Indoor and outdoor programming is available for adults, juniors, coaches and officials. The Florida Region of USA Volleyball headquarters is located in Eustis, FL. Additional information on the Florida Region can be found at: http://www.FloridaVolleyball.org.