London, UK (PRWEB) November 03, 2014
South Africa is the world’s major platinum-group metals (PGMs) producer, with Bushveld complex being the largest mine in terms of PGMs reserves. The country is now the leading supplier of palladium, iridium and platinum. Besides, South Africa is the main global rhodium supplier; its market share amounts to 80%.
Palladium, rhodium and platinum demand is mainly driven by the automotive industry, as the materials are widely utilized in the production of autocatalysts. Around 70% of the palladium output is consumed to make catalytic converters. In 2013, South Africa and Russia were the leading palladium producers, followed by Canada and the US.
Platinum demand is also fueled by the jewelry segment. South Africa ranked the 1st country in the world in terms of platinum production volumes in 2013; its share totaled almost 73% of the world production volume. Russia was the second largest material producer in the world with market share totaling 13%.
PGMs demand is forecast to continue rising in the years ahead, with autocatalysts being the main application area.
Topical research report “Platinum-Group Metals: 2014 Market Review and Forecast” elaborated by Merchant Research & Consulting Ltd is now available at mcgroup.co.uk
Title: Platinum-Group Metals: 2014 Market Review and Forecast
Published: July, 2014
Price: US$ 2,250.00
The in-demand report delves into the world platinum-group metals (PGMs) industry during 2008-2013, analyzing the market situation globally and by country. It contains a detailed description of PGMs, such as platinum, palladium, rhodium and iridium. Additionally, the study examines the main application areas of the products, describes their substitutes and global resources. Furthermore, the report includes wealth of data on the PGMs consumption, demand, prices and production volumes. The research also offers a comprehensive overview of the main PGMs companies, covering their export and import information. A five-year forecast of the PGMs sector is included, too…
Reasons to Buy:
- Obtain clear understanding of the global PGMs industry and see how the market performed within 2008-2013.
- Extensive analysis of major PGMs producers facilitates the process of defining prospective partners.
- The market outlook through 2018 ensures effective business planning.
- The prices, consumption and demand statistics expand knowledge of the global PGMs industry.
- Understand key PGMs market aspects that influenced the market in 2008-2013.
- In-depth market analysis helps to identify potential investment opportunities.
- All-round PGMs sector review helps to improve decision-making process.
More topical reports by the publisher can be found at Merchant Research & Consulting page.