The greatest shift in utilization among all devices used by primary care physicians in Q3 was the use of tablets … outpacing smartphone growth.
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 04, 2014
Digital Insights Group today announced the latest update to DIG™ Connected Physician is available to clients. The DIG™ Connected Physician series provides clients with strategic insights into digital and technology trends among US physicians with new insights every quarter. In addition to market insights, DIG offers clients the ability to drill down into their customer and specialty segments of interest in much greater detail – such as physicians engaging with their reps or visiting their properties online.
Highlights from the third quarter of DIG™ Connected Physician include:
- 26% of primary care physicians went online after meeting with a pharmaceutical sales representative. Key activities included journal access, brand site engagement, conducting a medical search, and accessing patient education resources.
- The greatest shift in utilization among all devices used by primary care physicians in Q3 was the use of tablets … outpacing smartphone growth.
- 42% of primary care physicians plan to buy the iPhone 6 Plus (the larger model with the 5.5 inch screen).
- The top pharmaceutical brands (digital ratings) for primary care physicians (rank order) … Crestor, Androgel, Lantus, Januvia, Humira, Victoza, Xarelto, and Invokana.
- The top pharmaceutical companies ranked by the effective use of technology by the sales force (in rank order as rated by physicians) … Novartis, GSK, Novo, Pfizer, AZ, Takeda, BI, Bayer, BMS, Lilly, and Merck.
- Additional data and rankings/ratings are available specific to the use of email by sales reps in Q3 (by company) and the use of electronic detailing in Q3 (by company).
- Only 10% of primary care physician are using health and activity trackers … but 26% are now using an app to track their health and activity on their smartphone.
- Highlights for additional specialty segments are available upon request.
Request a brief personalized demo and product overview at… http://www.digitalinsightsgroup.com/products/connected-physician/
About Digital Insights Group
Digital Insights Group is focused on bridging the gap between strategic insight and the mountains of data created by the social, mobile, and digital revolution. DIG is focused on delivering continuous high frequency insight, in-depth specialty and therapeutic insight, and insights that enable clients to plan for the future – not just understand the past. Digital Insights Group is your source of strategic digital insight for the next decade.
For more information visit us online at http://www.digitalinsightsgroup.com.