WACO, Texas (PRWEB) November 04, 2014
Mold is ugly. It stinks. It could be quietly growing and spreading throughout your home or business, destroying your property’s structure. Even worse, causing health problems for everyone inside. What can you do to prevent damage and unhealthy buildings?
It only takes 24-48 hours for mold to grow and spread on walls, windows, drywall, carpets, ceiling tiles, insulation, and furniture. Rainbow International recommends taking immediate action to dry out water-damaged areas and reduce the moisture in the air to stop mold growth. Bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements are all favorite places mold likes to hide out and grow. Small cracks in shower tiles, hidden dripping pipes, tiny leaks in the roof, and high humidity or condensation in a structure can all feed the growth of mold.
To successfully identify and address mold issues in a structure, Rainbow International recommends these steps:
- Get to the exact source of the mold problem with proper assessment from a professional.
- Clean the air with proper filtration to remove mold spores and particles.
- Dispose of porous materials and belongings contaminated with mold and clean nonporous materials.
- Remove excessive moisture and develop a moisture management plan.
- Replace mold-contaminated materials with clean, mold-free materials.
- Ensure cleanup success by checking for recurring water damage, moldy odors, or visible mold.
To spot the signs of mold, remember these three signs: 1) Take the smell test. Is there a musty smell? 2) Take the feel test. Is a wall damp, bowed, bulging or warped? 3) Take notice of allergic reactions. Are household members complaining of coughing, sneezing, wheezing or other respiratory symptoms often?
If mold infests your property, the experts at Rainbow International can evaluate the property for mold, remove it, and repair any possible damage. If you suspect mold issues, call for an estimate today.