London, UK (PRWEB) November 06, 2014
BRC Global Standards has announced a publication date of January 2015 for the seventh issue of its internationally recognized Global Standard Food Safety.
Issue 7 will focus on:
- ensuring consistency of the audit process
- providing a Standard that is flexible enough to allow voluntary modules to reduce the audit burden
- encouraging systems to reduce exposure to fraud
- promoting greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain
- encouraging adoption of the Standard in small sites and facilities where processes are still in development.
Setting the standard internationally for best practices in food safety, certification to BRC’s Global Standard Food Safety allows suppliers worldwide to show customers that they are upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and legal compliance. Audits against Issue 7 are set to begin in July 2015.
About BRC Global Standards
BRC Global Standards are the world’s biggest provider of safety and quality standards programmes for food manufacture, packaging, storage and distribution. BRC Global Standards are generated with the help of technical specialists, retailers, manufacturers and certification bodies from around the world, so everything is based on practicality, rigour and clarity.
The BRC Global Standards certification scheme offers comprehensive support to help new and established businesses to achieve and maintain their quality and safety aims.
For more information please visit http://www.brcglobalstandards.com
BRC Press Office +44 (0)20 7854 8924 / +44 (0)7921 605544