Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 06, 2014
With the February 2015 application deadline for 2016 products just a few months away, Medicare Advantage (MA) and Part D plan sponsors have little time to develop products and decide on service areas for the year ahead. But with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’s (CMS) recent release of Part D benchmarks and market-by-market product details (in the CMS “landscape files”), they now have the data they can use to make informed business decisions. The Nov. 18 Atlantic Information Services webinar, “What CMS’s 2015 Benchmarks and Landscape Files Mean for MA and Part D Product Planning and Marketing,” will summarize highlights of the new CMS data, and translate them into strategies for deciding on products and choosing service areas for MA-only products, MA prescription drug plans (MA-PDs) and stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs).
In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, Milliman’s Shelly Brandel and Brett Swanson will provide reliable answers to these and other big-dollar questions:
- What do key trends in the 2015 MA-only, MA-PD and PDP markets tell plan sponsors that are working to develop new products and make service-area decisions by February?
- What strategies should insurers employ as a result of 2015 Part D benchmarks, which for the second year running showed a big decline in the average monthly bids submitted by plan sponsors?
- How should plan sponsors respond to competitors’ strategies that vary on a market-by-market basis, such as fewer zero-premium plans in some areas, and more formulary tiers and higher imaging copayments in others?
- What role will narrow provider networks and preferred-pharmacy networks play in this new paradigm?
- What will be the effect of the premium and benefit changes made by competitors for 2015?
- How are benefit designs and other plan changes likely to be impacted by the government’s payment squeeze? What steps can plans take to adapt and thrive in this environment?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4a39_111814 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.