Our vision is to make this a pluggable technology so it can be quickly and seamlessly integrated into the corporate information landscape
Washington, DC and Oxford, UK (PRWEB UK) 5 November 2014
Preservica, part of the Tessella group, and a world leader in digital preservation technology, research and consulting, has announced a series of new connectors that make it easy for records managers to securely preserve Microsoft SharePoint content and Microsoft Outlook email and attachments for the long-term.
The announcement is part of a broader roadmap and strategy to enable government and business organizations to integrate Enterprise Content Management (ECM) with Digital Preservation in order to improve Information Governance across the full lifecycle and eliminate the risk that vital digital records will be unreadable when required - due to technology and file format obsolescence.
Jon Tilbury, CEO Preservica adds: “The growing volume and diversity of digital content and records along with rapid technology and IT refresh rates is fuelling the need for Records and Compliance managers to properly safe-guard their long-term and permanent digital records by incorporating Digital Preservation into their overall information governance lifecycle. The developing consensus is that organizations should consider digital preservation from the outset – especially if they hold important digital records for more than 10 years or already have records that are older than 10 years. Our vision is to make this a pluggable technology so it can be quickly and seamlessly integrated into the corporate information landscape.”
All Preservica Editions (cloud and on premise/hybrid) include the new SharePoint and Outlook connectors, as well as a new connector for CONTENTdm, and are available to existing Preservica customers through their regular maintenance and update program.
New features included in Preservica v5.2 (all Editions)
- Preserve SharePoint document libraries
- Export complete document libraries from SharePoint
- Ingest SharePoint export files into Preservica retaining metadata and folder structure
- Plan for preservation using the SharePoint ‘send to Preservica’ retention action
- Preserve Microsoft Email and attachments
- Ingest Microsoft PST files into Preservica
- Preserve emails, attachments and PST folder structure
- Search using email specific attributes
- View emails with attachments in a familiar format
- Preserve CONTENTdm collections
- Export a collection or individual objects from CONTENTdm
- Ingest CONTENTdm metadata, structure and master copies into Preservica
You can also watch recordings of recent product briefing and demo webinars:
- Long-term digital preservation of Microsoft SharePoint content http://preservica.com/resource/sharepointwebinar/
- Long-term digital preservation of Microsoft Outlook email
- Long-term digital preservation of CONTENTdm collections
More at http://www.preservica.com
Notes to the Media
Preservica is a world leader in digital preservation technology, consulting and research. Our active preservation solutions are used by leading archives, libraries, museums, government organizations and businesses across 4 continents to safeguard and share their valuable digital content, collections and electronic records for decades to come.
The award-winning Preservica Active Preservation and Access technology is available in cloud hosted and on premise Editions and includes a full suite of OAIS (Open Archival Information System) compliant workflows for ingest, management, storage, access and long-term preservation of digital content.
Preservica invests in many research initiatives in digital preservation and is a well-respected member of many international collaborations with academia, archives, libraries and corporations at the leading edge of this emerging field.
Preservica is part of the Tessella group, a leading international analytics, software services and consulting company.
Christina Tealdi | Senior PR and Marketing Communications Manager | Phone: +44 (0) 1235 546638 | Mobile: +44 (0) 779 9346453 | firstname.lastname@example.org