What we try to remind our patients is that they aren’t paying for implants and new teeth,” said Dr. Saj Jivraj, founder of the Anacapa Dental Art Institute. “They are really paying to get back their regular life.
OXNARD, CA (PRWEB) November 25, 2014
People with missing teeth are often torn between their desire to eat without pain, eat the foods they love or smile without embarrassment and the price of dental implants, which can costs thousands of dollars if not paid by dental insurance.
The prosthodontists at the Anacapa Dental Art Institute in Oxnard and Woodland Hills, Calif., know the expenditure often puts patients in a difficult position: deciding “Are dental implants worth the cost?”
“What we try to remind our patients is that they aren’t paying for implants and new teeth,” said Dr. Saj Jivraj, founder of the Anacapa Dental Art Institute. “They are really paying to get back their regular life.”
Even with regaining the ability to eat the foods they love, smiling with confidence and relieving pain, Dr. Jivraj's partner, Dr. Mamaly Reshad, knows some may question spending so much on dental implants.
To help them decide if dental implants are a good value, Dr. Jivraj and Dr. Reshad offer these five tips:
1. Someone should ask how much time, worry and money they spend on their diseased, damaged and missing teeth. For instance, All-on-4™ dental implants cost more than other procedures up front, but over time the implants will pay for themselves in the patient's peace of mind and decreased trips to the dentist.
2. Someone should look at how much pain they are in. Damaged or diseased teeth and ill-fitting dentures can ruin someone's life. Dental implants are just like regular, healthy teeth: pain-free. How much is someone's comfort worth to them?
3. Consider the health implications of not being able to eat a variety of foods. Traditional dentures and painful or missing teeth reduce the types of foods someone can eat. That, in turn, cuts down on their nutritious options and can leave them with an unhealthy diet. Dental implants allow someone to eat virtually any food they want.
4. Someone should look in the mirror. Are they ashamed to smile, or do they look older than they should? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, dental implants might be a good solution. Someone's self-confidence not only matters in their psychological well-being but can affect their work and personal life as well.
5. Someone should consider their alternatives beside implants. Are partial or full dentures a tolerable solution to their problems? Could crowns or bridges give them similar benefits to implants? If these other options might be “good enough,” then dental implants may not be the best solution.
Dr. Jivraj is an award-winning prosthodontist who specializes in implant, cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry. Besides being a former chairman of the University of Southern California School of Dentistry’s Fixed Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry section, he also has written more than two dozen articles on implant dentistry and restorative dentistry for the British Dental Association.
Dr. Jivraj received advanced prosthodontic training at the USC School of Dentistry. He is co-author of the textbook “Treatment Planning in Implant Dentistry,” which is used around the world. Dr. Jivraj is on the editorial board of the highly prestigious Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and is associate clinical editor for Dental Teamwork magazine.
He is an associate clinical professor at the USC School of Dentistry, clinical teacher at the Eastman Dental Institute in London and is on the board of directors for the British Academy of Restorative Dentistry.
Dr. Jivraj won “Best of USA” by his peers in 2008.
His partner at the Anacapa Dental Art Institute is Dr. Mamaly Reshad, who also is a former chairman of the University of Southern California School of Dentistry’s Fixed Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry section.
Dr. Reshad, a fellow prosthodontist, is an internationally known expert in cosmetic and implant dentistry. He has published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and textbooks on various topics related to prosthodontics, aesthetics, and implant dentistry.
Dr. Reshad is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. He is an honorary clinical teacher at the Eastman Dental Institute and on the faculty of the Global Institute for Dental Education.
Dr. Jivraj and Dr. Reshad are international speakers on dental implants. They are recognized as experts on procedures such as All-on-4™ dental implants and new smile in one day, putting them in high demand.
The Anacapa Dental Art Institute has been offering quality dental care treatments since 1996. The team specializes in implant, prosthodontic, cosmetic and restorative dentistry. It also offers gentle dental care treatments for patients aged 50 and above.
The Anacapa Dental Art Institute has two new state-of-the-art training and dental offices in Oxnard and Woodland Hills, Calif., respectively. It serves the communities of Oxnard, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, Ventura and Malibu, among others.
The Oxnard location, at 2821 North Ventura Road, Bldg H, has 3,600 square feet encompassing six treatment rooms, a fully in-house dental lab and a state-of-the-art teaching center, according to Anacapa Dental Art Institute founder Dr. Saj Jivraj.
The on-site teaching center includes a high-tech suite where other dentists can observe patient treatments. Courses have been arranged for dentists from Japan, China, India and South America.
The Woodland Hills dental office, at 6325 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, No. 513, is 1,500 square feet and it features an in-house dental lab catering to patients in and around Los Angeles.
The Anacapa Dental Art Institute has a staff of 11, which includes the two prosthodontists, a root canal specialist, a general dentist, two hygienists, three dental assistants and two receptionists.
The Anacapa Dental Art Institute provides the following procedures:
●All-on-4™ dental implants
● All on Six (All on 6) dental implants
● Mini dental implants
● New smile in a day
● Teeth in an Hour
● Full mouth reconstruction
● Teeth whitening
● Invisalign teeth straightening
● Sedation dentistry
● Cosmetic dentures (“facelift”)
Those looking for Oxnard or Woodland Hills cosmetic dentistry services can get more information about Dr. Jivraj and Dr. Reshad at Dentalimplantsventura.com or call the Oxnard office at (805) 604-5811 or the Woodland Hills office at (818) 839-7419.