New Service to Change Hawaiian Vacation Ownership for Marriages, Divorces and Trusts by Deed and Record

Share Article

Deed and Record provides new service to change ownership of Hawaiian vacations. The company prepares and records Vacation Deeds for divorce, marriage, co-ownership change, and trusts.

Deed and Record is an internet service to change Hawaiian vacation ownership by deed. Vacation Deeds are used to remove a spouse due to divorce, add a spouse due to marriage, add or remove a co-owner, and fund a trust. “Vacation Deeds” include “Vacation Plan Conveyance Documents,” “Vacation Ownership Deeds” and “Vacation Ownership Deeds.”

Vacation Deeds are prepared in format and the manner required by Hawaii’s Bureau of Conveyances, including legal description, demarcation and interval control number. Deeds are recorded electronically and returned to the customer by email. The customer provides a copy of the recorded deed to the Vacation Resort Club to update their records.

An example for the need of a Vacation Deed is in divorce and dissolution of marriage. A Vacation ownership is awarded to one spouse. Until the non-owning spouse is removed as owner, he or she remains liable for property taxes and maintenance fees and has access to the timeshare. To remove a former spouse, the former spouse signs a deed conveying his or her interest to the owning spouse.

Vacation deeds are needed for marriages. A newlywed wants to add his or her new spouse as owner of a Vacation interest. To add the spouse a Vacation deed is prepared granting joint ownership to the new spouse.

Vacation Interests are often overlooked in funding of trusts. A trust is created to avoid probate. But if ownership is not changed to the trust, the Vacation Interest will require probate. A deed transferring ownership of the vacation interest from the individual to the individual’s trust avoids probate and court supervision.

As an alternate to a trust some Vacation owners add a child or relative as a joint tenant owner. In joint tenancy the deceased owner’s interest disappears by operation of law. The surviving joint tenant becomes the sole owner.

Title and ownership change to remove a spouse due to divorce, add spouse due to marriage, add or remove a co-owner, and to fund trusts is provided by Deed and Record. Service now includes next day electronic filing. For more information click here or call 714-846-2888.

This press release is provided by Mark W. Bidwell. Mr. Bidwell markets timeshare and vacation title transfer services through websites, primarily Deed and Record provides change in timeshare ownership in California, Hawaii and Florida. Office is at 4952 Warner Avenue, Suite 235, Huntington Beach, California 92649. Phone is 714-846-2888.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Mark Bidwell

Mark W.Bidwell
Mark W. Bidwell
since: 09/2013
Like >
Follow us on
Visit website