“To have surpassed the half way mark of our goal in less than one year after launching this initiative is extremely humbling and we look forward to meeting our goal of $1 Million in the near future.” - Chad Hallock, CEO of Home Franchise Concepts
Orange, CA (PRWEB) November 11, 2014
Home Franchise Concepts® (HFC), parent company of Budget Blinds® and Tailored Living®, continues to create entrepreneurial opportunities for U.S. Veterans across the country though its Million Dollar Franchise Event (MDFE) program. MDFE is a commitment to provide $1 Million in discounts to U.S. Veterans interested in purchasing one of the company’s franchise brands. The initiative began in 2013 to help U.S. Veterans become entrepreneurs and achieve their own American Dream of independent business ownership. Within just one year of the MDFE program’s inception, HFC has given $710,000 in discounts to Veterans that have entered its franchise network.
Most recently, HFC has welcomed Cedric Cook of Fulshear, Texas to the Budget Blinds family. As an independent business owner of Budget Blinds, Cook will utilize his skills of communication, organization, and leadership, learned while serving in the military, to grow his business in the region. Cook is the 20th Veteran to sign on as a Budget Blinds franchisee through the MDFE program. He became interested in the franchise after attending a local franchise expo where he had the opportunity to compare his experience with Budget Blinds among numerous other franchise opportunities. Cook found the MDFE program as a great vehicle for Veterans to utilize their skills learned while serving and transition them into successful business ownership.
Cook joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 1991 and served for more than six years where he was an administrator and marksmanship instructor. He also served in the Army National Guard as well as the Army Reserve. At an early age, Cook took interest in the Military as a result from his father’s 20-year service in the U.S. Army. His brother also serves in the U.S. Army and will partner with him on this new business endeavor with Budget Blinds.
“Our current investment of $710,000 demonstrates that our offering for those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces continues to be met with enthusiasm. It was our initial goal to give these heroic individuals the opportunity to achieve their own American Dream,” said Chad Hallock, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Home Franchise Concepts. “To have surpassed the half way mark of our goal in less than one year after launching this initiative is extremely humbling and we look forward to meeting our goal of $1 Million in the near future.”
Since the MDFE has begun, 20 U.S. veterans have signed on to become franchisees in the HFC family.
- Kevin & Maria Griffin- Pleasant Grove, Utah
- Andrew & Maria Birge – Sandusky, Ohio
- James W. & Travis Mullins, Kansas City North, Missouri
- Maurice Coombs – Davie, Florida
- Shawn & Jody Smith – South Arlington, Texas
- Richard & Roya Grimes – Lawrenceville, Texas
- Michael & Allison Dunn – Killeen & Temple, Texas
- Ryan Wilde, - East Raleigh, North Carolina
- William C, Bill & Jill Laird – East Santa Rosa, California
- Michael & Jane Larsen – Brainerd, Minnesota
- Joel & Bailey Thode – Hutchinson, Minnesota
- Charles & DeAnn Strickland - La Vernia, Texas
- Edward & Andrea Burns – Costa Mesa, California
- Jamie & Benilda Moralina Montell - Littleton, Colorado
- Bradley James Gerron – Prosper, Texas
- Joe & Joanna Hebert – Grand Prairie, Texas
- Terry & Keith Matz – Southern Pines, North Carolina
- Nevin & Shawnna Ball – Garland, Texas
- Eugene Alexander & Victoria Cicalo – Huntington Beach North, California
- Cedric & Rita Cook, Fulshear, Texas
With a history and passion for assisting U.S. Veterans and being recognized by Military Times and Franchise Business Review for achievements in supporting Veterans and Veteran-related causes, HFC’s Million Dollar Franchise Event continues the tradition by granting military Veterans of all backgrounds significant discounts off the purchase of a Budget Blinds or Tailored Living franchise. The ultimate goal of the Million Dollar Franchise Event is to award at least 30 Budget Blinds and/or Tailored Living franchises to deserving veterans totaling $1,000,000 in financial discounts.