Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 12, 2014
Techweek, the nation’s leading technology conference and festival showcasing and enabling innovation ecosystems, will kickoff on Monday, November 17, 2014, as it enters its second year in Los Angeles.
Techweek Los Angeles 2014, presented by American Airlines, is a week-long celebration of technology and innovation dedicated to uniting visionaries, thought leaders, influencers, and entrepreneurs under a purpose-built “big tent” on the Santa Monica Pier. Techweek LA will be the first technology conference and festival to ever take place on the Pier and joins the venue’s list of "firsts.” These include the first ever live-TV broadcast of a variety show, the unveiling of the first and only solar powered Ferris wheel in the world, The Pacific Wheel, and the first two-person beach volleyball game, which originated next to the Pier.
Techweek LA will culminate in its signature two-day conference and expo on November 20-21, 2014. The event will highlight the unique intersections that exist within technology, including those in social impact, health, finance, e-commerce, fashion, startups and more. The booming local innovation ecosystem will be center stage throughout the week, and the conference and expo provides a space for all who are passionate about technology to be part of the conversation. This year, the conference and expo will feature:
- High-Profile Speakers: Techweek LA 2014 will showcase influential leaders and influencers in technology who will cover topics including innovation, entrepreneurship, trends, and more as it relates to both the LA technology community and beyond. Notable names include: Adam Goldenberg (Founder & CEO, JustFab), Jane Poynter (CEO, World View Enterprises, Inc.), Scott Painter (CEO, TrueCar), Poornima Vijayashanker (Founder, Femgineer; Founding Engineer, Mint.com), Elliot Kotek (Co-founder, Not Impossible Labs), and Laura Goldberg (CMO, LegalZoom). There will also be a number of exciting panels on topics that include social innovation and impact, big data, green technology, fashion, sharing economies, and more. A complete schedule can be found at: http://techweek.com/schedule/losangeles/.
- LAUNCH Competition: 50+ of LA’s most promising young entrepreneurs will compete for cash and sponsor-donated gifts valued at $50,000 from 12pm-4:30pm on Thursday, November 20. Each participating startup will pitch its business to attendees and anonymous judges as they compete for the final round selection. A panel of top tech and business leaders will ultimately decide the winner of the 2014 Techweek Los Angeles LAUNCH Competition.
- Hiring Fair: Whether searching for a new, exciting role or looking to bring an idea to fruition, the Hiring Fair is all about matching talented candidates with the right jobs. The Hiring Fair features some of the best companies in technology, ranging from startups to well-established brands such as DirecTV, TrueCar, and Cornerstone OnDemand. Attendees who bring a resume will be granted complimentary access to the Hiring Fair, which will take place from 12pm – 5pm on Friday, November 21.
- Hackathon: The Techweek LA Hackathon presented by General Assembly and also in partnership with ChallengePost, F6S, Rackspace, Sinch, and Uber, will be a one-day marathon filled with innovation and development. Talented developers, designers, and entrepreneurs will participate in an all-day frenzy of fun, camaraderie, and coding. The day-long event begins at 9pm on Friday, November 21 and ends at 5pm on Saturday, November 22. A celebration for the winning team will take place following the conclusion of the event at 7pm and is open to the public. To register or learn more information about the Hackathon please visit http://techweeklahackathon.challengepost.com.
- FashionTECH Runway Show: The latest in wearables and e-commerce will bring the intersection of technology and fashion front-and-center at the FashionTECH Runway Show. The show will feature designs and fashions from: JustFab, Trumaker, Muse, Vrai & Oro, 1st Round Athletics, and more. The show will also feature technology leaders on the catwalk in the latest styles provided by participating brands and e-retailers.
“There has been a recent influx of remarkable ideas and conversations emerging from the Los Angeles technology community,” said Iain Shovlin, Chairman of Techweek. “The local innovation ecosystem is not only growing quickly, but is also producing a new wave of successful entrepreneurs, startups, and innovations. We are proud to showcase this at the second annual Techweek LA event and look forward to facilitating new ideas and relationships as we bring everyone together under our big tent on the Santa Monica Pier.”
Top sponsors of Techweek Los Angeles 2014 include: American Airlines, FameBit, Media Temple, ezVerify, Bannerman, Interoute, IDA Ireland, and Dell.
To learn more about Techweek Los Angeles or to register, visit http://techweek.com/losangeles.
Techweek is a 7-day technology conference and festival that celebrates and enables innovation ecosystems in five cities across the country: Chicago, Detroit, New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. With Techweek as a conduit, a spotlight is able to shine on each individual technology community, providing entrepreneurs, innovators, influencers, and visionaries to share ideas, sparking game-changing conversations and inspiring action.
Past speakers at Techweek include Jonah Peretti (Founder & CEO, BuzzFeed), Karen Sumberg (Diversity Pod Leader, Google), Travis Kalanick (CEO, Uber), Reshma Saujani (Founder & CEO, Girls Who Code), Dan Gilbert (Founder, Quicken Loans), Alexis Ohanian (Co-founder, Reddit), Rahm Emanuel (Mayor, Chicago), and Kathryn Minshew (Founder, The Muse). Techweek has garnered more than 200 sponsors including Uber, Microsoft, Yelp, Motorola, Groupon, Redbox, Wordpress, American Airlines, and more.