“Everybody should own some gold. Goldcore's new Zero Premium Gold is a cheap and safe way to buy, sell and store allocated metal - a welcome addition to today's investment landscape” - Author Dominic Frisby
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 13 November 2014
Zero Premium Gold, a new low cost and safer gold investment, has been launched today by international gold broker, GoldCore. It allows investors internationally to invest in physical gold bars at the lowest prices in the market. Investors can now own gold bars at a record low premium of just 0% which is at the live market spot gold price.
Zero Premium Gold is as cost effective as gold ETFs and other gold investment vehicles with the added security of outright ownership of the underlying physical asset.
High charges or premiums for gold bars have made investors wary of physical gold bars in the past and led to the success of online gold account providers with pooled allocated accounts and gold exchange traded funds (ETFs).
GoldCore have offered gold storage since 2004 and now offer storage in London, Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong and Perth. Gold bars are legally owned by clients and stored in allocated and segregated accounts reducing counter party risk.
Most investors have only recently contemplated the idea of including gold in their portfolios. For many the easiest and cheapest route to get this exposure has been through gold ETFs. These ETFs give investors easy access to gold through shares that make them owners of a trust that owns gold. The attraction for investors is that they can buy and sell these gold shares as easily as they can any other share.
However, ETF buyers do not own the underlying physical asset and are unsecured creditors of the providers. Gold ETF prospectus’ are often complex with a high level of indemnification and attendant unappreciated risk.
Author Dominic Frisby, MoneyWeek’s expert commentator on gold and commodities, welcomes the new gold investment: “Everybody should own some gold. In the east they do; in the west we don't. One day we could all wake up and discover this to be a costly mistake. Goldcore's new Zero Premium Gold is a cheap and safe way to buy, sell and store allocated metal - a welcome addition to today's investment landscape.”
“We are privileged to have clients, including individuals, companies, charities, brokers, family offices and even hedge funds, who often store gold with us for many years. Many view gold as a way to preserve wealth and pass it on to the next generation, therefore we feel it is important that we are very competitive on price,” GoldCore CEO Stephen Flood said.
“Gold rose when stocks and bonds fell before and during the global financial crisis. Gold has fallen in recent years as stock and bond markets performed well. It plays an important role in stabilising and reducing volatility in the overall portfolio and as financial insurance to protect against market volatility and crashes and currency devaluation,” according to Flood.
"Gold is once more being considered as an important asset to have in diversified portfolios and this is an attractive new gold investment offering " according to Dr Constantin Gurdgiev, respected finance professor at Trinity College Dublin, and an academic who has published papers on the gold market today.
"This new gold investment provides investors with higher security and lower cost access to purchasing and storing long-term holdings of gold. It offers a welcome avenue for further risk diversification and cost management of well-diversified investment portfolios" said Dr Gurdgiev.
- Founded in 2003, GoldCore are international gold brokers who are expert in the execution, delivery and storage of gold and silver coins and bars.
- GoldCore have over 4,000 clients in over 45 countries, with over $205 million in assets under management. Gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion storage services in London, Zurich, Perth, Hong Kong and Singapore are offered to mass affluent and HNW investors and pension owners, financial advisers, brokers, family offices and other institutional investors.
- GoldCore’s bullion trading platform is one of the most sophisticated and safest in the industry. Client’s bullion coins and bars are individually allocated & segregated under direct client control and ownership. Bullion is owned in ultra-safe vaults strictly outside the global banking system.
- GoldCore’s research has been quoted and featured in international media – on CNBC, CNN, Reuters, the Financial Times and Bloomberg. It provides insights into the importance of diversification and the importance of owning precious metals as part of diversified investment and pension portfolios.
About Zero Premium Gold
- GOLD BARS AT 0% PREMIUM
- Lowest cost gold bars in market at just 0% premium to buy
- Comparable in costs to ETF over 5 year timeframe
- Gold bars are securely stored in world class facilities in Via Mat International and Brink’s
- Gold bars are stored in the safest jurisdictions in the world – Zurich, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Gold bars are LBMA approved bars - Minimum order of 4 kilo bars
- Clients have direct ownership of gold bars in fully allocated, fully segregated accounts
- Liquidity - Buy and sell whenever want at competitive prices
- Minimum one year storage contract – Low storage fee of 49 bps to 69 bps per annum
- Monitor holdings and valuations by logging onto Goldcore.com and storage providers
- Gold bar holdings audited daily by GoldCore and annually by internationally recognised auditors
- Transfer holdings in and out of storage and across jurisdictions
- View holdings in person and take delivery of gold in whichever format wish
- Unrivalled transparency and security
For further information, please contact: Mark O’Byrne, Head of Research
t: +353 1 6325010 t: e: mark.obyrne(at)goldcore(dot)com