Established in 1953, the award honors James Crawford, who was SAE International President in 1945 and donated money to establish the James M. Crawford Fund.
(PRWEB) November 13, 2014
SAE International honors 15 mobility engineering professionals with the 2014 James M. Crawford Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award.
The award recognizes individuals for outstanding service in the technical committee activities of the Society. This includes valuable contributions to the work of SAE International technical committees, unusual leadership in the activities of an SAE International technical committee, significant contributions as a representative of the Society to the accomplishments of technical committees of other organizations or of government agencies, and outstanding contributions to SAE International technical committee work in the form of research, test methods and procedures, and/or development of standards.
Established in 1953, the award honors James Crawford, who was SAE International President in 1945 and donated money to establish the James M. Crawford Fund. In 2013, the award name was changed to the James M. Crawford Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award.
2014 award winners include:
Aerospace Council Recipients
- John D’Avirro, Director of Aviation Services, APS Aviation
- John Evers, Head of ORB Consulting (Operations Research in Business Consulting), Commander (Retired) U.S. Navy (Reserves)
- Warren Prasuhn, Principal System Safety Engineer, Rockwell Collins Inc.
Construction, Agriculture & Off-Road Council
- L. John Koutsky, Vice President - Product Development, Sears Manufacturing Co.
Materials, Processes and Parts Council
- James C. Miller, Senior Standards Engineer, Deer & Company
Motor Vehicle Council
- Ernest J. DeVincent Jr., Vice President and Global Platform Director, Gertag Corporate Group
- Lisa M. Fodale, Senior Specialist, Product Analysis and Regulatory Processes, Chrysler Group, LLC
- Annette L. Irwin, PhD, Technical Fellow, General Motors Company
- Paramsothy Jayakumar, PhD, Senior Research Scientist, Analytics, U.S. Army TARDEC
- Todd Macintosh, Technical Specialist, Global Vehicle Electrification, General Motors Company
- Ian J. Sutherland, Hydrogen Infrastructure Group, General Motors Company
Truck & Bus Council
- Gary L. Orey, Principal Engineer, Consolidated Metco, Inc.
- Mark Stepper, Director, OBD SIR, Cummins Inc.
- Stanley L. Stokes, Consultant, BrakeTEC LLC
- Richard Wood, Owner and President, SOLUS-Solutions and Technologies LLC
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting more than 148,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.