“Coming on the heels of our Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certification, this is very exciting and rewarding news for the company and its dedicated personnel,” said HIPOWER SYSTEMS President Rafael Acosta.
(PRWEB) November 17, 2014
HIPOWER SYSTEMS, a manufacturer of power-generation and power distribution equipment in the U.S. and Canada, today announced its entire stationary natural gas generator line has received UL certification in the UL 2200, Stationary Engine Generator Assemblies classification. The 28 certified models cover a wide power range from 20kW (the HGM 20 T6U) to 400kW (the HNG 400 T6). This certification is in addition to HIPOWER SYSTEMS’ prior UL 2200 certification of its diesel generators in the 60kW to 400kW range (John Deere and Iveco-FPT engines).
“Coming on the heels of our Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certification, this is very exciting and rewarding news for the company and its dedicated personnel,” said HIPOWER SYSTEMS President Rafael Acosta. “This is only the first phase of our natural gas generator certification effort, as we work to certify the larger range of natural gas generators up to three megawatts. We are also pursuing certification for our MTU Diesel-engine generators from 270 kilowatts to 2.2 megawatts.”
Prior to being certified, generators and their systems are fully investigated by UL in accordance with its specifications. UL also follows up on its certifications to ensure manufacturers maintain the high quality levels that meet these nationally recognized and very stringent criteria.
The recently certified models service a broad range of markets and industries and can be equipped with a variety of options and accessories. All of these natural gas generators can produce either one-phase or three-phase power, with UL certifying both phase options for all models.
Standard features of these natural gas generators include:
- Carbon steel enclosures with a totally bounded frame and a 110% spill-containment feature.
- Sound-attenuated enclosures (Level 2 is standard on all models).
- Energy-efficient, environmentally friendly designs that are EPA certified for both prime power and stationary/standby power.
- Up to date on all EPA emission regulations for natural gas (spark-ignited) engines.
- Equipped with the latest engine technologies to reduce fuel consumption and increase reliability.
- Exceptional durability to reduce failure rates and optimize engine life and ROI.
- Integrated with MasterTrak, a telematics asset management tool that communicates directly with the engine and other components and supports remote, real-time monitoring and troubleshooting by owners/operators.
- Can be ordered in custom configurations and in a variety of voltages.
Additional options and add-ons include:
- Configuration into multiple parallel systems.
- Dual-fuel capability (LP/natural gas).
- NFPA compliance packages.
- Residential and critical mufflers.
- Equipment including remote annunciators, battery chargers, block heaters and/or pressure regulators.
- Gas scrubbing and water separator systems.
- Winter Packs for generators routinely operating in conditions from 32°F to as low as -50°F.
Extended warranty programs are also available.
“Our entire focus is on fulfilling our customer’s power needs with high-performance, reliable equipment to ensure 100% satisfaction,” said Acosta. “This certification reaffirms to the world our commitment to customer certification, quality and engineering excellence.”
About HIPOWER SYSTEMS
HIPOWER SYSTEMS (a division of Himoinsa, S.L.) is the principal supplier of power distribution and prime, standalone power-generation equipment and packages to the U.S. and Canadian markets, serving the Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors including the Agriculture, Telecommunications, Health Care and Oil & Gas Industries. The company builds and customizes backup generators, diesel generators, natural gas generators and alternative bi-fuel generator sets from 8kw to 3Mwk with a complete range of accessories, including automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, UL tanks, enclosures and power distribution equipment.
In North America and throughout the globe, our rental packages and power distribution equipment are recognized as the best power solution source for emergency and disaster relief. For more information, visit http://www.hipowersystems.com.