"Dr. Zachary and his colleagues are known for their ability to critique news and articles with insightful comments that will bring fresh, intelligent viewpoints on the content that ZALEA will deliver to the public," said Louis Scafuri, ZALEA CEO.
Irvine, California (PRWEB) November 17, 2014
ZALEA, LLC, today announced the formation of its “Editorial Voice,” a board of esteemed cosmetic dermatology and plastic surgery specialists who will contribute expert perspectives to news and mainstream articles found through its new digital media platform. The ZALEA Editorial Voice held its first meeting at the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery conference in San Diego, CA, on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
Christopher Zachary, MD, professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of California, Irvine, will serve as ZALEA’s Editor-in-Chief. The following luminaries will join him:
- Matthew Avram, MD, director, Massachusetts General Hospital, Dermatology Laser & Cosmetic Center, Boston, MA
- Jeffrey Dover, MD, co-director of SkinCare Physicians, Boston, MA and associate clinical professor of dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine
- Roy Geronemus, MD, director, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York and clinical professor of dermatology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Alan Gold, MD, ASAPS past president in private practice specializing in aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine, Great Neck, NY
- Renato Saltz, MD, ISAPS president-elect, ASAPS past president and in private practice specializing in aesthetic surgery of the face and body, Salt Lake City, UT
- Elizabeth Tanzi, MD, co-director of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery and assistant professor of dermatology at George Washington Medical Center, Washington, DC
“Dr. Zachary is an accomplished author and editor who has a deep understanding of aesthetic medicine, social media streams and how consumers seek and share information on the Web,” said Louis Scafuri, CEO of ZALEA. “He and his standout colleagues are known for their ability to critique news and articles with insightful and candid comments that will bring fresh, intelligent viewpoints on the multiple sources of fair balanced content that ZALEA will deliver to the public.
The Editorial Voice will be supported by contributing editors who are subject matter experts in the 15+ treatment categories around which the fact-checked, licensed, balanced content is organized. Free of advertising or vendor sponsorships, ZALEA will feature geo-tagged before-and-after photo galleries, physician databases and community acceptance rating algorithms – all within the ZALEA online hub and without the need to type and search -- saving consumers hours of time and ensuring credible resources.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Irvine, California, ZALEA is the leading online global community that aggregates, individualizes and delivers trusted source content and reviews of the latest relevant happenings in the aesthetic industry. The Company is committed to fair and balanced, truthful information that is novel in its level of comprehensiveness and customized self-discovery for all users. Visit [ http://www.zalea.com