Endorsed by Myanmar Ministry of Transport, the 2nd MTL summit will be a hotbed of discussion for local and foreign entities that have already invested or are looking into investing in the country’s transport and logistics sector.
Yangon, Myanmar (PRWEB) November 25, 2014
The summit comes in anticipation of Myanmar’s transport infrastructure (including airways/ roads & bridges/ rail/ ports) undergoing a revamp in line with its Transport Master Plan and AEC 2015. Endorsed by Myanmar Ministry of Transport, the 2nd MTL summit will be a hotbed of discussion for local and foreign entities that have already invested or are looking into investing in the country’s transport and logistics sector.
CMT is honored to welcome His Excellency U Nyan Htun Aung, Union Minister, Ministry of Transport, Myanmar, to deliver the opening address at the summit. Other key sessions include:
- Update on Thilawa SEZ Project including the logistics center development – U. Winston Set Aung, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Myanmar & Chairman, Thilawa Special Economic Zone Management Committee
- Implementation of an Integrated Transport Master Plan and Project Roll-Out Status – U. Aung Ye Tun, Director - International Affairs Division, Transport Dept, Ministry of Transport, Myanmar
- Modernisation of Myanmar’s Customs & Improvement to Clearance Process – Daw. Soe Soe Lwin, Deputy Director, Myanmar Customs Department
- Challenges of Developing & Managing Distribution Networks in Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar – Ali Mansoor, GM - Laos, Myanmar & Cambodia, Pepsi Co
- Construction of Road & Bridges in Myanmar – Kyaw Kaung Cho, Executive Engineer, Public Works, Ministry of Construction, Myanmar
- Airports & Aircargo Infrastructure Development Plans – U. Ne Win, Deputy Director (Air Transport Div) - Dept of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transport, Myanmar
- Development of Rail Infrastructure Projects in Myanmar– U. Nyi Nyi Swe, Assistant General Manager - Freight, Commercial and Marketing Department, Head Office of the Myanma Railways, Ministry of Rail Transportation
- Seaports, Terminals & Inland Depot Development Plans – U. Kyaw Oo, Deputy Chief Engineer, Myanma Port Authority
- Prospects of Oil & Bulk Liquid Storage Terminals – U. Htut Khine Win, Director, Myat Myittar Mon Company
Further, the managing directors of Damco, KOSPA Cold Chain Logistics and Savvy Logistics will share key industry perspectives via 3 notable presentations: ‘Total Logistics Solution in Myanmar’, ‘Development of Cold Chain Logistics for Temperature Sensitive Cargoes’ and ‘Myanmar Trade & Investment Facilitation through Logistics Connectivity’ respectively.
Attendees of 2nd MTL Summit can also gain key insights from senior executives of IFC, Overseas Private Investment Corporation and GE Equity in their Panel Discussion on ‘Financing Transport Infrastructure Projects in Myanmar’ while they can also get practical know-how of ‘Licensing and Legal Framework for Logistics and Terminal Operations in Myanmar’ from VDB Loi’s session.
Visit the conference website for more details or contact Ms. Huiyan at +65 6346 9113.