I am not a Subject of nor a Servant to government at any level. We need to further the cause of freedom.
Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) November 19, 2014
Are you a "Free American?"
One Arizona resident thinks we all should be.
Bill Deegan, a retired CPA, has launched a new website called Free American http://www.freeamerican.us to call attention to a government that “has grown too big, too intrusive and too disrespectful of our rights as citizens”.
Mr. Deegan, in noting why he created his one man effort, said that “government, at all levels, seems to treat us more as subjects to be taken advantage of rather than citizens of a free republic”.
The retired father of two grown daughters offered the following guiding principles of Free American:
- I am a free citizen of the United States;
- My rights as an individual are God-given. I am not a Subject of nor a Servant to government at any level;
- I am a law abiding citizen. I support the Constitution of the United States and expect and demand that elected and governmental officials do the same;
- I believe that America was founded on individual rights and personal freedom. I refuse to be considered by cynical politicians as part of any ethnic, gender or racial group. My vote should never be taken for granted;
- I treat my fellow citizens with respect. I expect and demand that elected officials and all governmental officials treat me with respect;
- I work hard for my money. I expect and demand that my tax dollars be administered in a manner consistent with the highest level of fiduciary responsibility and that our tax system be fair and equitable;
- My vote is sacred. I expect and demand that our electoral process be free from any conditions that could fraudulently influence the outcome of elections;
- My privacy is important. I expect and demand that government, at all levels, stop spying on me, stop reading my e-mails and get out of my bedroom;
- A fully funded military is important to our national security. I support the men and women of our Armed Forces and thank them for their service and sacrifice;
- America enjoys the greatest standard of living in the world because free enterprise has unleashed the creativity and ingenuity of our people. I support a free enterprise system that is socially responsible and a tax and regulatory system that encourages job creation and innovation.
The website features a petition where like-minded Americans can indicate their support of Mr. Deegan’s efforts.
Borrowing a though attributed to Ronald Reagan that “freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction”, Mr. Deegan said that he hoped, by creating this website, he can encourage his fellow Americans to focus attention on the need to further the cause of freedom.