“The holiday shopping season is short again this year, so retailers are pulling out all the stops and presenting offers based on changing shopping dynamics and offering in-store deals with staying power,” said Allan Haims, CEO of StepsAway.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 19, 2014
With the 2014 holiday shopping season in full swing and competition for grabbing consumer wallet share at an all time high, in-mall mobile retail app StepsAway today offered the top five retailer digital promotional strategies to boost in-store holiday shopping season revenues.
“The holiday shopping season is short again this year, so retailers are pulling out all the stops and presenting offers based on changing shopping dynamics and offering in-store deals with staying power,” said Allan Haims, CEO of StepsAway. “By pairing these types of strategies with mobile and digital shopping technologies, retailers are poised to reach and influence consumers in the exact moments when they are prepared to make nearby holiday purchases.”
Following are StepsAway’s top five holiday shopping season strategies for retailers to capitalize on the latest shopping trends to drive brick and mortar sales.
- Harness the Uptick in Webrooming – As there’s been a consistent upswing in consumers browsing products online and then making purchases in store, retailers can make the most of this captive interest by showcasing products across both mobile and digital platforms that are available for in-store purchase as well as listing store locations and offering incentives to drive in-store visits.
- Engage in Flexible, Time Sensitive Promotions – Flash sales are a popular way to pull consumers into a store for a morning door buster or short-term Black Friday deal. However,savvy retailers should be extending the concept this season by dynamically updating mobile, digital and in-store offers based on changing shopping trends, inventory levels or weather patterns that might drive varying types of merchandise purchases.
- Tap into Mobile Channels – There is no shortage of mobile retail apps and technologies available but retailers must ensure a hyperlocal component is included to drive in-the-moment sales when consumers are using mobile devices near retail locations. This may include leveraging Wi-Fi enabled, browser-based deals apps inside malls as well as receiving promotions on a native app via beacon technology.
- Offer ‘Buy Online/Pickup in Store’ Options – Many consumers prefer to visit a physical store for holiday items but may not have the time to spend looking for what they want or worry that the store won’t have it in stock. Allowing them to buy online and pick up merchandise onsite provides a comfort level that they can still have a brick and mortar experience—and increases their chances for additional last-minute purchases once they are on the store premises.
- Emphasize In-Store Deals Over Last-Minute Free Shipping – It’s no secret that some online retailers weren’t able to deliver on guaranteed on-time shipping times last year due to the polar vortex. To avoid being disappointed again, many shoppers will likely favor in-store shopping rather than taking a chance on last-minute shipping options. Retailers can maximize this opportunity by sharing last-minute in-store deals via mobile and digital channels.
StepsAway is a market-first, in-mall mobile retail solution offering shoppers smartphone access to hyperlocal in-store deals—driving more brick-and-mortar transactions. StepsAway empowers mall owners to increase sales per square foot and gives retailers an innovative way to reach and influence on-property consumer purchase decisions. Consumers access StepsAway – SAMobile™ – via a web-based mobile app upon signing onto a mall’s Wi-Fi network and then peruse deals offered on premises. Officially debuted in August 2014, StepsAway is a privately held company with offices in Los Angeles and Los Gatos, California. For more information, visit http://www.stepsaway.com.
# # #