With many of our clients in the healthcare industry, we want to serve them in the best way possible by staying in front of the healthcare trends and getting the deepest, most extensive insider knowledge we can through this healthcare board.
Knoxville, TN (PRWEB) November 20, 2014
Pyxl, a digital marketing firm honored on the 2014 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies, is creating a healthcare board to infuse another layer of healthcare expertise to better serve all current and future healthcare industry clients. The Pyxl Healthcare Board is made up of leading healthcare industry executives, physicians’ consultants, policymakers, board members and influencers. The leadership includes former and current executives at Walgreens, CVS, and Dignity Health as well as leaders of industry associations like the Health Record Banking Alliance, National Association of Anesthesiologists, National Medical Informatics Association plus leading medical schools including Stanford, NYU, ASU and Columbia.
“With many of our clients in the healthcare industry, we want to serve them in the best way possible by staying in front of the healthcare trends and getting the deepest, most extensive insider knowledge we can,” said Brian Winter, founder of Pyxl. “In order to do that, we are going to work with the best and brightest in the industry and bring a select few onto the board. These members work with healthcare organizations across the country and contribute a combined 100+ years of experience in the industry.”
Current members of Pyxl’s Healthcare Board include:
- David Lorber, M.D., MPH; Dr. Lorber is Vice President, Clinical Affairs for Walgreen Co, headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. He is also a board-certified pulmonologist and internist. Previously, Dr. Lorber worked at CVS Caremark as Vice President of Medical Affairs.
- Marc Leib, M.D., J.D.; Dr. Leib previously worked at a law firm in D.C. working on health law issues involving HIPAA, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services and the FDA. He was also the Chief Medical Officer of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System. Dr. Leib currently serves on many boards and national committees including the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- Edward Shortliffe, M.D., Ph.D.; Dr. Shortliffe is a professor of Biomedical Informatics and is the Senior Advisor to the Executive Vice Provost for the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University. He previously served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- William Yasnoff, M.D., Ph.D.; Dr. Yasnoff is the Chief Executive Officer of the non-profit Health Record Banking Alliance and currently heads a consulting firm. Previously, he was Senior Advisor, NHII, at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Mark Branning, MBA, CPHIMS, SrHIMSS; Dr. Branning is a consultant who specializes in health information exchange, patient engagement, interoperability and product positioning. He is also an adjunct professor at National University and serves on committees for both HIMSS eConnecting with Consumers and the San Diego Chamber of Commerce.
- Jim Hayden, NREMT-P, ACLS, PHTLS, NALS, PALS, BS, MA; Dr. Hayden currently serves on a 15.1 billion dollar healthcare systems board and created the company Board Developer. He currently sits on and/or chairs 22 boards. Previously, Dr. Hayden ran the largest American-owned ambulance system in the world.
- Dan Tyre; Currently, Dan is the Sales Director at HubSpot where he leads recruiting, training and growth of all HubSpot sales teams. Prior to HubSpot, Dan founded and/or worked at several startups including Businessland, ALI Technologies, CelebraTech and Groove networks.
The healthcare board will support Pyxl’s industry-leading digital marketing for healthcare solutions in three ways: guiding the overall solutions direction of Pyxl’s healthcare services; providing thought leadership on HIPAA and FDA regulatory issues and other healthcare IT topics; and, arranging introductions to key healthcare industry executives and decision-makers.
“Healthcare marketing is rapidly evolving in the digital space, and we are using digital experiences to engage audiences, drive leads and grow revenue for our clients,” said Josh Phillips, president of Pyxl. “With clients in all different aspects of the healthcare industry, we understand the importance of creating an engaging digital marketing strategy while dealing with the complexities with HIPAA and FDA regulations.”
Pyxl first landed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies in 2013 following a 299 percent growth rate throughout the past three years. With a strong client focus and an integrated, results-driven strategy, Pyxl has served national healthcare industry clients such as Covenant Health, Avella Specialty Pharmacy, ABT Molecular Imaging, Northwest Biotherapeutics and Smart Clinic, among many others.
For more information about the work that Pyxl has done for healthcare companies, visit http://healthcare.thinkpyxl.com.