“We have responded to astute intelligence from the two best sources of creative trip ideas: our on-the-ground guides, and our well-traveled clients."
Ann Arbor, MI (PRWEB) November 21, 2014
Journeys International, an Ann Arbor-based company creating guided, custom and family adventures for international travelers since 1978, is expanding its trip lineup with 22 new itineraries in 2015. New trips especially highlight opportunities to explore lesser visited sites, regions, and events.
“We have responded to astute intelligence from the two best sources of creative trip ideas: our on-the-ground guides, and our well-traveled clients,” said Robin Weber Pollak, President of Journeys International. “Because of our long-standing and personal relationships with guides, they keep us apprized of current local politics, update us about exciting and unusual opportunities, and propose unique itineraries. We also listen to our clients. When they have trip ideas, or if they visit an area on their own and they think we should know about it, they give us a call.”
Journeys is especially excited about two trips designed specifically for families with teenagers, Costa Rica Adventure with Teens and Wild Indonesia for Families with Teens. “Most companies that have family trips focus on the younger kids, but rarely plan specifically for teenagers,” said Sally Grimes, Director of Marketing and Family Programs. “We understand that different ages of kids require different itineraries, and we built these two trips specifically around the interests and needs of older kids.”
All the new trips are listed below; complete details on these and other Journeys adventures are online at http://www.journeysinternational.com.
- Colombia Kaleidoscope: Natural and historic sites from Andes Valley to Caribbean Coast
- Colombia Mountains & Medellin: Savoring the nature, coffee, culture and volcanic Andean landscapes
- Journey through the Stans: Dazzling bazaars, ancient architecture, a complex history, and genuinely hospitable people
- Persia Past and Present: Ancient sites, cultural encounters and the modern mystique of Iran
- Tumbuna Festival: Combine a more intimate Sing Sing with a tour of Tari, the Sepik region and Mt. Hagen
- India of Tigers, Warriors, Authors and Poets: Attend the world’s biggest literary event and tour wild and inspiring sites
- Hiking Sacred Inca Paths: Trek ancient Andean trails, visit Machu Picchu, and enjoy comfortable lodges en route
- Landscapes and Lights of Iceland: Search for the northern lights in Iceland
- Costa Rica Adventure with Teens: Volcanoes, rainforest hikes, wildlife, zip-lining, and tropical beaches
- Inspiring South India: The cultural and natural highlights of Tamil Nadu and Kerala
- Wild Indonesia for Families with Teens: Active Bali, Borneo and Komodo
- Nature & Cultures of Northern Thailand: Ancient Sukhothai, Punjen Hideaway, Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son
- Taj Mahal, Temples and Tigers: From big cats to big temples, experience the unparalleled breadth of India
- Israel In-Depth: Journey from Jaffa to Jerusalem and beyond on a rich journey through time
- Salt Lake, Lava & The Big Five: Ngoronogoro, Serengeti, Tarangire, Lake Natron and Oldonyo Lengai volcano
- Okavango and Kalahari Wilderness Safari: Comfortable camping optimized for diverse wildlife experiences
- Desert, Delta and the Falls: Lodge safari in Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe
- Peruvian Panorama: Visit Iquitos, Cusco and the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca and Mancora Beach
- Escape for the Wildly Curious: Explore superb, little-known natural sites of northern Costa Rica
- Costa Rica for the Natural Explorer: Two spectacular and wildly contrasting locales on your own schedule
- Peninsula of Pacific Perfection: Revel and relax in the nature and culture of Panama’s little-known Azuero
- Brazil’s Waterfalls, Wetlands and Wildlife: Explore the Amazon, savannah and Pantanal ecosystems of Brazil
About Journeys International
Based in Ann Arbor, MI, Journeys International has been creating guided, custom and family adventures for international travelers since 1978. Family-owned and operated, Journeys International’s private and small group trips emphasize cultural and environmental awareness, and family trips are designed with all ages in mind. Because of long-standing, unique and personal relationships with guides around the world, Journeys trips offer a superior experience that travelers won’t find with any other travel company. http://www.journeysinternational.com.