New York, NY (PRWEB) November 20, 2014
Everyday Health Inc., a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions, announced today the finalists for the 2015 Everyday Health Awards for Innovation. Vote for your favorite finalist in each category at Awards.DigitalHealthSummit.com now through January 6, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST. Winners will be announced at a live awards ceremony during the Digital Health Summit, a conference produced by Living in Digital Times held at the 2015 International CES®, on January 7, 2015.
“We received more than 100 qualified entries, which our judges have narrowed to 21 exceptional and innovative finalists,” said Ben Wolin, CEO and Co-Founder, Everyday Health. “Our goal of the Everyday Health Awards is to support creative digital innovations and provide an opportunity to showcase unknown talent.”
This year’s finalists represent the finest technologies and services designed to improve overall health and well-being, including everything from innovative companies rewarding employees’ physical activity, to cutting-edge products developed by students, to emerging technologies revolutionizing the digital health space.
The finalists are:
- Withings Aura is a smart sleep system that helps users track their sleep patterns and improve overall sleep quality.
- HealthTap is a mobile health platform that connects patients to doctors by phone, text and video chat.
- STEMP™ is a smart temperature patch that monitors body temperature connecting to the user’s mobile device through a downloadable app.
Chronic Condition Management:
- The Proteus System includes an ingestible sensor, a wearable sensor and a smart phone application, which together monitor a user’s time of medication ingestion, heart rate and activity levels.
- Quikiks™ is the world’s first hands-free line of footwear enabling physically and cognitively challenged users to step-in and securely fasten their shoes without bending over.
- SmartWatch® is a comprehensive solution for the ongoing management of epilepsy and seizure-related disorders, fusing together wearables, mobile technology and cloud-based analytics to enhance patient safety, therapeutic regimens and clinical outcomes.
- EveryMove@Work is the first self-serve portal that allows companies to encourage, incent, challenge and reward employees while building workplace culture around physical activity.
- Incentives by Jiff enables employers to create simple unique experiences that reward employees for making healthy choices.
- Virgin Pulse helps employers create a workforce with the energy, focus and drive to fully engage at work and in life through fostering healthy daily habits and sustainable behavior change.
- ReSound ENZO™ is the only Made for iPhone hearing aid that allows the user to stream stereo sound directly from their iOS device to their hearing aid with no intermediary device.
- SingFit PRIME is a music therapist-designed stimulation program powered by a mobile app, which incorporates singing, movement, trivia and reminiscence for a fully engaging mind and body workout.
- Soundhawk Smart Listening System™ augments the user’s ability to hear, communicate and connect with the world around them. It includes the Scoop earpiece, Wireless Mic and Charging Case, which are unified by a mobile app to help users with active listening, cutting through noise and communicating hands-free.
- LifeLearn Sofie™, powered by IBM Watson, is an application that uses cognitive computing to provide veterinarians with the ability to access unlimited amounts of information, assisting them to make quick, evidence-based decisions.
- PetChatz® is a Greet & Treat® videophone that allows pet owners to see, hear, speak, provide a comforting scent and even give their pets a treat using a smartphone or computer.
- Tailio is a smart monitoring system that helps pet families with early detection of feline health issues. It features a Wi-Fi enabled device that is placed under the litter box and uploads data to the mobile app that monitors weight, waste, visit patterns and behavior.
- @HomeVitals™ gathers information through a series of connected devices and stores all data within one case. Patients can also contact their doctor’s office or medical facility remotely.
- Spark is the watch that keeps users awake, tracking active movements throughout the day, detecting when users doze off and sending a gentle vibration to get them back on track.
- Cologuard®, developed by Exact Sciences, is the first and only at-home, FDA-approved, non-invasive, stool-based DNA (sDNA) colorectal cancer screening test.
- Surgical Navigation Advanced Platform (SNAP) connects to the standard OR intra-operative navigation system and allows surgeons to enhance 3D navigation making tumors, vessels and tissue transparent to improve visualization.
- WTS-2000™ is a medical device from Cure Care, Inc. that offers combination adjunctive therapy through moisture, antimicrobials and localized oxygen to accelerate wound healing. The machine provides treatment through a non-invasive method that uses vapor technology.
- ZIO® Service from iRhythm Technologies provides the only FDA-cleared long-term monitoring system that helps clinicians diagnose arrhythmias earlier. The service is comprised of the ZIO XT Patch, proprietary algorithms and the ZIO Report, which summarizes the findings.
Members of the public can cast their votes at Awards.DigitalHealthSummit.com starting now through January 6, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST. One winner will be chosen for each of the seven categories and an additional Audience Favorite award will be given to one finalist.
In addition to the live awards ceremony on January 7, 2015 at 2:15 p.m. PT (Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom H), a selection of finalists will be showcased in the Health & Wellness marketplace exhibit at CES January 6 – 9.
About Everyday Health, Inc.
Everyday Health, Inc. is a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions. Everyday Health attracts a large and engaged audience of consumers and healthcare professionals to its premier health and wellness properties, and utilizes its data and analytics expertise to deliver highly personalized content experiences and efficient and effective marketing and engagement solutions. Everyday Health enables consumers to manage their daily health and wellness needs, healthcare professionals to stay informed and make better decisions for their patients, and marketers, health payors and providers to communicate and engage with consumers and healthcare professionals to drive better health outcomes. Everyday Health's content and solutions are delivered through multiple channels, including desktop, mobile web, and mobile phone and tablet applications, as well as video and social media.
Linda Krebs/Sarah Gartner
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times