The expansion of our Optimum en Español lineup adds a wide variety of exciting Spanish-language content that our customers have been asking for
Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) November 20, 2014
Cablevision announced today that it has significantly expanded its Optimum en Español Spanish-language TV package to more than 55 channels with the recent addition of 12 high-quality networks. These new channels come at no additional cost to customers who subscribe to Optimum en Español, providing a more comprehensive Spanish-language TV package at an even greater value.
“The expansion of our Optimum en Español lineup adds a wide variety of exciting Spanish-language content that our customers have been asking for,” said Kevin Packingham, executive vice president of product for Cablevision. “We are pleased to now offer these 12 new premier networks, which provide news and entertainment programming that allow our local Hispanic customers to stay connected to their culture and heritage.”
The 12 new networks to join the Optimum en Español lineup feature the best in culture, drama, news and entertainment from Latin America, the Caribbean and Spain and include:
- elgourmet, Channel 1019: channel designed for those who love the pleasures of life and appreciate exquisite cuisine, exotic destinations and captivating stories
- El Garage, Channel 1020: Argentine-based channel focused on the 24/7 delivery of custom automotive industry programming
- NTN24, Channel 1021: the international news channel made by Latinos for Latinos
- Buenavision TV, Channel 1027: Spanish TV channel serving the New York Hispanic community with diverse programming that highlights the best of the Latin America culture
- Televisión Dominicana, Channel 1029: network featuring news, entertainment and baseball programming from the Dominican Republic
- Centroamérica TV, Channel 1030: network featuring news, music, cultural and soccer programming from Central America
- Antena 3, Channel 1044: the #1 TV channel in Spain, showing top-rated programming including daily news and popular shows
- Cine Mexicano, Channel 1057: top rated, Spanish-language movie network featuring commercial-free contemporary Mexican movies of various genres
- Pasiones, Channel 1090: channel dedicated to showcasing recent and classic telenovelas and dramatic series
- Atres Series, Channel 1092: channel featuring a wide selection of Spanish comedy and drama series geared towards families
- TBN Enlace, Channel 1096: American Christian-based broadcast television network that provides inspirational Christian programming to the Hispanic community
- EJTV, Channel 1098: inspirational and value based music and entertainment network for Hispanic youth
Other recent additions to Optimum en Español includes soccer channel beIN Sports en Español and Mexicanal, the Spanish-language news, entertainment, and sports channel catering to Mexican-Americans. Both networks launched on Optimum TV earlier this year.
Optimum TV customers have access to more than 1,000 hours of Spanish-language programming On Demand, with more titles being added all the time. In addition, all Optimum en Español channels are available for in-home viewing via the Optimum App, with nearly half available for out-of-home viewing as well. Customers who also subscribe to Optimum Online have the added benefit of being able to connect to the more than one million hotspots available as part of the Optimum WiFi network in order to stream their favorite content anytime, anywhere.
The Optimum en Español package is available for $12.95 a month for TV customers with the Optimum Economy or Optimum Value package and above. For a full list of included channels, visit optimum.com.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is a leading media and telecommunications company, serving millions of households and businesses throughout the greater New York area. Providing quality products that keep customers connected, Cablevision offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation's most robust WiFi network. Cablevision’s Lightpath subsidiary is a premier provider of integrated business communications solutions for larger companies. Through its local media and programming properties – News 12 Networks and Newsday Media Group – Cablevision also delivers news and information created specifically for the communities it serves. Additional information about Cablevision is available at http://www.cablevision.com.