. The Aging2.0 Academy partnership will expedite WoundRound's success in helping providers improve patient outcomes, boost revenue, and reduce liability
Schaumburg, IL (PRWEB) November 24, 2014
Telemedicine Solutions LLC, the developers of WoundRounds, the leading mobile technology solution for wound management and prevention, is pleased to announce they have been selected to join the highly competitive Aging2.0 Academy program. The only program of its kind in the world, the Academy is designed to connect, support and accelerate the top startups in aging and long-term care. The year-long program commences November 20, 2014 in San Francisco.
Over the course of the year-long program, Academy companies will receive critical market insight, access to consumers, expert mentorship and curated introductions to pilots, distribution and investors to help them achieve their strategic goals and ultimately improve the lives of older adults around the world – the mission of Aging2.0. Through Aging2.0’s partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs, Academy companies will also have access to Google training, mentorship and products.
“We were blown away by the quality and quantity of Academy applicants this year and are thrilled to have WoundRounds in the 2014-2015 cohort,” said Katy Fike, PhD., Aging2.0 co-founder. “Together with our partners, we look forward to working with this talented group of entrepreneurs as they to bring their much-needed products and services to market."
Academy applicants underwent a competitive 6-week screening process, which included valuable input from both the Aging2.0 Leaders Circle partners and the Aging2.0 Consumer Panel, who see and experience the needs first hand every day.
“We are honored to be selected for the Aging2.0 Academy, which delivers premier access to a breadth of senior care providers as well as some of the most strategic minds in the industry,” says CEO Mike Diamond. "Our mission is to improve the quality of life of wound care patients and the dedicated staff who care for them. The Academy partnership will expedite our success in helping providers improve patient outcomes, boost revenue, and reduce liability.”
The full 2014-2015 Aging2.0 Academy cohort includes:
- Accushield is a front entry, digital, sign-in kiosk that screens and verifies third-party vendors and service providers. Atlanta, GA
- Active Protective produces smart garments that reduce hip fractures in the elderly by deploying micro-airbags to protect the hip in the event of a fall. Allentown, PA
- Breezie is a simplified, personalized tablet interface designed for seniors and those less familiar with technology. London, UK
- Care Monster is a caregiving app that supports family communication and encourages engagement when it comes to the care of a loved one. Beavercreek, OH
- caremerge is a care coordination platform that forges meaningful connections between providers, payers, families and seniors to improve communication in today’s complex healthcare environment. Chicago, IL
- Evermind creates age-friendly technologies that improve the lives of those who are living alone, or who need extra support, and the people who care about the by using electricity monitoring of home appliances, and other everyday objects. Nashville, TN
- Everplans is the first comprehensive digital planning platform that allows families to create, store and share essential end-of-life wishes and emergency plans. New York, NY
- GeriJoy’s global care team provides 24/7 companionship, supervision, and care management support through senior care avatars; improving quality of care, increasing safety, and lowering cost. San Francisco, CA
- Gociety creates software that simplifies the smart phones interface for older adults. Their products, GoLivePhone® and GoLiveAssist®, are easily accessible and highly affordable. Leenderstrijp, Netherlands
- Life Assist Technologies’ product, Reminder Rosie, is a simple, voice-activated reminder clock with a robust online portal, which allows the family to manage reminders remotely to help support the older adult's independence. San Francisco, CA
- Life in the Moment is a robust platform delivering a complete continuum of care through mobile apps and a dynamic website aimed at improving the lives of families living with Alzheimer’s. Indianapolis, IN
- Linked Senior is a cloud-based dementia and therapy engagement software for the senior housing market. Washington, D.C.
- Narrative Apparel gives dignity and independence back to older adults through a line of fashionable, functional, and strategically engineered apparel. Greer, SC
- Roobrik is an online decision tools help family caregivers make difficult health and care choices with clarity and confidence. Durham, NC
- SingFit provides music therapy solutions that engage memory care and assisted living residents through song, which produces elevated mood, decreased agitation and better focus. Los Angeles, CA
- Smartstones is the world’s first wearable, sensorial communication device, which connects family members and friends through simple gesture-based messages. Santa Barbara, CA
- SWORD is reinventing the motor rehabilitation industry with the first digital therapy solution that uses haptic feedback to maximize the operational and therapeutic effectiveness of rehabilitation services. Aveiro, Portugal
- Vynca is a digital health company that provides cloud-based software for Advance Care Planning. Sunnyvale, CA
- WalkJoy is a wearable device which reduces falls for patients with peripheral neuropathy by restoring the sensory feedback loop. The WalkingHealth software provides objective gait analysis, fall risk prediction and functional outcome data to therapists. Long Beach, CA
- WoundRounds provides a unique point-of-care wound management and risk prevention solution that empowers nurses to do more with less. Schaumburg, IL
WoundRounds, a product of Telemedicine Solutions LLC, is the point-of-care wound management & prevention solution that empowers nurses to deliver better wound care in less time. WoundRounds customers report higher patient referral revenue, lower overall costs of care, improved healing rates, lower return-to-hospital rates, and reduced risk and liability. For more information on WoundRounds and Telemedicine Solutions, go to http://www.woundrounds.com.
Aging2.0 (http://www.aging2.com) is a global organization on a mission to accelerate innovation that will improve the lives of older adults around the world. Aging2.0 connects, educates and supports innovators through its global chapter network, consumer research panel, conferences, Aging2.0 Academy startup program and the Generator Ventures fund. In less than three years, Aging2.0 has become the premier platform for discovering and cultivating innovations focused on aging and long-term care.