San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) November 24, 2014
Thanksgiving heralds in the holiday travel season, with many heading home to loved-ones or planning a much-needed getaway. Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, features a selection of experiences sure to get everyone into a festive spirit: holiday markets for browsing and shopping; holiday light tours for inspiration and celebration; and seasonal food tours for merry-making and noshing.
Festive Holiday Markets
As if cities across Europe weren’t charming enough, the traditional Christmas Markets that pop-up this time of year in places like Munich, Salzburg and Berlin serve to further accentuate their beauty and history.
- The Munich Christmas Markets Tour includes visits to Christkindlmarkt in Marienplatz, the Christmas village at the Munich Residenz and the Medieval Market near Odeonsplatz; enjoy beautiful Nativity scenes, shop for hand-crafted gifts, and Glühwein (hot mulled wine).
- The Christmas Markets Tour from Salzburg includes the famous Nativity scenes in Strobl, a scenic boat ride to the Christmas market of St Wolfgang, and the handmade toys and ornaments in St Gilgen.
- Local crafts and traditional holiday food and drink highlight the Berlin Christmas Markets Walking Tour that includes visits to Schloss Charlottenburg (Charlottenburg Palace), the Olympiastadion (Olympic Stadium) and the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
Let the Light Shine In
While it seems the decorations come out earlier every year, no one can complain about the magic and joy they can bring to the holiday season.
- Celebrate VIP style during the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree-Lighting Party complete with unbeatable views from an exclusive VIP location with hors d'oeuvres, open bar and dancing.
- The Portland Christmas Lights Sightseeing Tour visits the brightest attractions like the Pittock Mansion, The Grotto and Pioneer Square, all adorned with dazzling lights and decorations.
- Journey through Seattle by luxury vehicle, admire the dazzling Christmas lights, and visit three local breweries during Brews and Bulbs: Seattle Breweries and Christmas Lights Tour.
- Be dazzled by some of the most extensive decorations in Australia during the Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Lights Spectacular from Sydney, including a meet and greet with the man himself – Santa – as well as musical performances and an Australian barbecue feast.
- Forget the sleigh, grab a bike and explore London at its most magical during the Christmas Lights Bike Tour of London with visits to the London Eye, Big Ben, Oxford Street and the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
- The “city of light” is even more illuminated during the holidays and the Paris Christmas Lights Tour explores the brightest sites by open-top, double-decker bus passing the beautiful Palais Garnier, the Champs Elysées, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum.
Festivus for the Foodies
The holidays aren’t complete without an exploration of the gastronomy of the season. Use the holiday as an excuse to indulge, and, try the local specialties that grace holiday tables in cities around the world.
- Artisan cakes, cookies, and hot wine spice up the Small-Group Gourmet Christmas Tour of Paris exploring local holiday traditions including the “Thirteen Desserts of Christmas.”
- For a more hands-on Parisian holiday experience, the Paris Cooking Class: French Christmas Menu features a winter meal paired with local French wine and a luscious Bûche de Noël cake.
- In keeping with the French theme, Christmas in Quebec City: Small-Group Gourmet Food Tour explores the magical atmosphere of Quebec City with visits to eight local shops and restaurants to sample regional and holiday favorites.
- The Copenhagen Christmas Food Walking Tour explores the Danes’ Christmas culinary heritage as well as the food scene in and around the city’s trendiest culinary market, Torvehallerne, capped off with Denmark’s iconic Christmas lager, the dark and strong ‘Julebryg.’
And this is all just the tip of the seasonal iceberg with even more to explore like sleigh rides in Finland, Radio City Rockettes and Christmas Day holiday experiences (perfect for visiting families) in places like London and Rome. For more information on Viator’s tours and activities worldwide – as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news – visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.