Employing new technology like this is part of our broader video strategy to help users engage with our brand's unique, expert content in fresh ways.
YONKERS, NY (PRWEB) November 25, 2014
This holiday season, Consumer Reports is taking consumers behind the doors of its testing labs as part of its first-ever interactive video holiday gift guide. The Consumer Reports Ultimate Gift Ideas: Interactive Video curates some of the most highly-recommended products vetted by Consumer Reports’ experts and can be found at ConsumerReports.org/Ultimate.
The video takes viewers on a customized tour inside Consumer Reports where they can choose their own path from an interactive map of the Auto Test Center, Electronics Lab, Food & Fitness Lab and the Great Outdoors Lab. Each lab includes top-rated holiday gift ideas and advice from Consumer Reports experts.
"Through this interactive video, we’re empowering consumers to choose how they view and experience the gift ideas based on their personal interests,” says Gwendolyn Bounds, Senior Director of Video at Consumer Reports. “Employing new technology like this is part of our broader video strategy to help users engage with our brand’s unique, expert content in fresh ways."
Consumer Reports’ testers and editorial staff chose these gifts ideas based on their expertise and the unbiased testing done in the labs and at the Auto Test Center. Consumers will find top-rated electronics, exercise equipment, eco-friendly lawn and yard gear, cars and more. Consumer Reports purchases all the products they test and accepts no advertising. Consumer Reports partnered with WIREWAX to create the interactive features of the video.
Consumer Reports Ultimate Gift Ideas: Interactive Video
In addition to top-rated gift ideas, consumers will be able to view bonus features such as exclusive looks into Consumer Reports’ testing process and tips on how to get the most out of each gift. Here’s a look at some of the interactive features viewers can explore:
- AUTO TEST CENTER. Inside the auto test center viewers will find three of Consumer Reports’ top-rated vehicles as well as recommended car detailing products for a great DIY shine and a no fuss bike rack.
- Bonus features include: Drift testing the Tesla Model S and eight car-detailing tips.
- ELECTRONICS LAB. Home to the stuff digital dreams are made of; from a super-thin TV that represents the next generation of TV technology to the Consumer Reports’ top-rated Grado Prestige Headphones.
- Bonus features include: Inside look at Consumer Reports’ anechoic chamber and tips on how to buy the best TV.
- FOOD & FITNESS LAB. This holiday season get healthier with some of Consumer Reports’ best performing fitness products including the Precore TRM 243 Treadmill, a top-rated rower and a spin bike. In the food lab, take time to indulge with a Consumer Reports recommended coffeemaker, the Remington iCoffee.
- Bonus features include: Coffee tips from Gregory Zamfotis of Gregorys Coffee and expert advice on how to achieve the perfect rowing technique.
- GREAT OUTDOORS LAB. Here viewers will find a top-rated mega-grill, the ultra-quiet Tesla of lawn-mowers, the Cub Cadet Electric Mower, and a generator to power consumers through any storm.
- Bonus features include: Three unexpected grilling dishes from Justin Chappell, Food & Wine magazine Senior Test Kitchen Editor and host of Mad Genius Tips on foodandwine.com, a behind-the-scenes look at how Consumer Reports tests snowblowers and five ways to save on lawn care.
To explore the full Consumer Reports Ultimate Gift Ideas: Interactive Video, visit ConsumerReports.org/Ultimate.