Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 27, 2014
The Export Practitioner and Washington Tariff & Trade Letter will present a live audio-conference briefing on enforcement trends after export control deregulation, on Tuesday, December 2, 2:00 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. EST.
The briefing will feature two Holland & Hart partners, Steven W. Pelak, former National Coordinator of Export Control/Embargo Enforcement and national security prosecutor, and J. Triplett Mackintosh, veteran export control litigator. Pelak and Mackintosh have closely followed the evolution of export enforcement policies and cases and will share emerging export enforcement trends and risks posed by export control deregulation. Other topics include:
- Emerging Enforcement Trends You Need to Watch
- How Recent Cases Preview Coming Enforcement Policies
- What Risks You Face after Export Control Deregulation
- New Decisions You Need to Make about Voluntary Disclosures
- Whether to Make a Disclosure, How to Disclose and How Not
- Differences to Expect Between BIS and DDTC Enforcement Policies
- How Reforms Might Affect Criminal Prosecution of Violations
- New Legal Challenges Foreign Consignees Must Address
- Ways to Minimize Enforcement Risks after Reforms
- Key Factors in Negotiating Settlements with BIS, DDTC, OFAC and Justice
For more details and registration information, visit http://www.exportprac.com.
About Holland & Hart
Holland & Hart LLP delivers integrated legal solutions to regional, national and international clients of all sizes. Established in 1947, today the firm has more than 470 lawyers providing a full range of services from 15 offices across the Mountain West and in Washington, D.C. We offer a client-driven culture with service that is personalized, responsive, and innovative. For more information, visit http://www.hollandhart.com.