Our goal is to greatly reduce the risks of getting STDs and to increase awareness of the risks related to STDs.
Tustin, CA (PRWEB) December 01, 2014
Validation is a key element of the Bump 2 Know app. When the app is installed, users are asked to verify their identity using a series of third party checks. During the bump process each user exchanges identifying information, Assuring a secure and accurate data exchange.
Once validation has occurred, the results of an extensive STD analysis is exchanged showing testing dates, results and risks associated to the timing of the most recent testing. STD testing is provided from a number of labs. Certified STD labs will use several verification methods assure that STD information is only provided to each specific user, providing a safe and secure dating environment.
Today over 20 million new STD infections occur each year. 10 million of these are people between 15 and 24 years old. STDs are passed on from person to person most commonly through sexual contact. Some STDs may show no symptoms and can cause sterility or even death. Reducing the risk of STDs from sexual transfers as well as promoting periodic testing can greatly help reduce STDs and the transfer of non-curable STDs. We're working with the major testing labs to allow low cost, frequent comprehensive STD testing.
Help us stem the tide of this worldwide epidemic. Be part of the solution.
- Currently there are more than 110 million STIs overall among men and women nationwide
- More than 1 million people acquire a sexually transmitted infection (STI) every day
- Greater than 50% of all Americans will get a STD/STI in their lifetime
- By the time they’re 19, seven out of 10 teens have had sex
- STIs can have serious consequences beyond the immediate impact of the infection itself, through mother-to-child transmission of infections and chronic diseases.
- 8 most common STD; lifetime cost of $15.6B
- Each year, an estimated 500 million people become ill with one of 4 STIs: chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and trichomoniasis.
- The majority of STIs are present without symptoms
- Some STIs can increase the risk of HIV acquisition three-fold or more
About Bump 2 Know
Bump 2 Know was formed by Carl Perkins, a serial entrepreneur and Dr. Allan Bernstein, a prominent Orange County medical doctor and Tustin city councilman to address serious issues of STDs worldwide, and hopefully to greatly increase the awareness of STDs. Bump 2 Know is raising money on Indiegogo. We can be found at http://www.igg.me/at/Bump2Know
For more information, please visit Bump 2 Know at http://www.Bump2Know.com or call Carl Perkins at (949) 478-6851, or info(at)bump2know(dot)com