Our employees enjoy participating in volunteer efforts that reflect the company’s team spirit and high-energy culture.
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) November 26, 2014
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) offices are working to make a positive impact this holiday season, and proud to join the #GivingTuesday #UNselfie social media effort that is sweeping the Internet.
“As we grow our national footprint, we also are expanding our philanthropic activities,” said TQL Executive Vice President Kerry Byrne.
#GivingTuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back and creating a new tradition of generosity across the world. Volunteering has always been core to the TQL culture, focusing its social investments on children, education, and the health.
“Our employees enjoy participating in volunteer efforts that reflect the company’s team spirit and high-energy culture,” said Byrne.
Throughout the months of November and December, TQL teams are lending their hands to local organizations throughout the country, bartending at fundraising events, collecting canned goods for local food pantries, and even arranging meal deliveries to the needy on Thanksgiving Day.
- Atlanta – Food drive with for the Atlanta Food Bank
- Austin – Playground cleanup with Explore Austin
- Chicago – Food drive with Guardian Angel Community Services
- Cincinnati – Coat drive for Give Back Cincinnati
- Detroit – Food drive with Gleaners Community Food Bank
- Indianapolis – Serving meals at the annual Mozel Sanders' Thanksgiving Day Dinner
- Nashville – Working in the kitchen at the Nashville Rescue Mission
- Orlando – Volunteering for CECO (Conductive Education Center of Orlando)
- Ft. Lauderdale – Habitat for Humanity build
- Jacksonville – Clothing drive with Mission House
- Columbus – Salvation Army food drive
- Cleveland – Adopt-a-Family through city of Independence
- Charlotte – Canned food drive with Second Harvest Metrolina
As part of the effort, TQL also is taking pictures of how it is contributing to the movement, tagging them #unselfie and #givingtuesday, and uploading them to the company Instagram, Twitter @lifeattql, and Facebook page.
TQL is one of the largest freight brokerage firms in the nation with 27 offices in 16 states. In addition to its employee volunteer efforts, TQL started a new program in June called Moves that Matter, which awards money to non-profit organizations using the truckload transportation industry. TQL customers, carriers, and employees nominate the award recipients based on shipments they help arrange or haul.
To learn more about TQL’s philanthropic efforts or events going on at TQL across the country, please visit us on the web at tql.com.