Toronto (PRWEB) December 01, 2014
Security Compass, a leading web/mobile application security firm, announces the release of a new online shopping cart (http://www.security-compass.myshopify.com) for its acclaimed software security training classes, making it easier for developers, architects, IT administrators and general office staff to choose among a number of tailored learning paths and training bundles that will enhance their security acumen and professional credentials. To celebrate the release, Security Compass is released Defending Mobile CBT for $10 (originally $249.99) today for Cyber Monday! https://security-compass.myshopify.com/products/defending-mobile.
“Our training programs and courses are designed at both the advanced and introductory levels, covering a wide range of software security issues, and provide an immersive environment for the participant,” said Oliver Ng, Director of training at Security Compass. “This training includes written coursework, as well as demo videos, hands-on lessons and customized labs in order to give the trainee a real in-depth, 360-degree experience in a number of security specializations, from defending mobile and web applications to basic security awareness.”
The online training program currently provides four learning bundles, tailored to specific professional needs:
- Developer Bundle: Designed primarily to help developers write better, more secure code, this training package includes in-depth OWASP Top 10 instruction, a “Defending Code” lesson (options include Java/.NET/PHP/Mobile/C++) and hands-on lab with “TrueLabs” for Java and .NET.
- Application Security Bundle: A more advanced look into software security, this package includes the Developer Bundle (OWASP Top 10, Defending Code, TrueLabs), but goes further by teaching trainees to defend against the latest web application vulnerabilities. Additional components include coursework and a hands-on lab for exploiting and defending web applications.
- PCI Compliance Bundle: This package covers the basics of PCI data security standards and meets PCI-DSS requirement 12.6a and 6.5a. It includes instruction in OWASP Top 10 and a security class in how to meet PCI compliance in your company or organization.
- QA Bundle: Teaches how to defend against known vulnerabilities in web applications, such as brute-force attacks, session management concerns and encryption. Includes training in OWASP Top 10, and both coursework and labs in exploiting and defending web applications.
In addition to the training bundles, Security Compass also provides nine comprehensive training courses on specialized topics:
- Defending .NET, Java, PHP - Each of these three courses provides a deep-dive look into OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and how they specifically relate to each programming language. Trainees will learn how to implement secure coding techniques against potential attacks targeting these vulnerabilities, such as CSRF, forced browsing, insecure storage, redirects, SQLi, XSS, authorization/session management, parameter manipulation, session hijacking.
- CSSLP: In-depth elearning course in how to reduce the costs of security vulnerabilities throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Certification as CSSLP following completion of the 8-hour course.
- Defending C++: Understand how C/C++ vulnerabilities occur in desktop software. Focus includes safe memory management, insecure functions and defending against buffer overflow.
- Defending Mobile: This code-agnostic course provides a comprehensive look at key security concepts for building secure mobile applications, including training in how attackers target the app, infrastructure and mobile device itself.
- Defending Web Applications: Goes beyond the OWASP Top 10 to address other critical security threats common to web applications, such as brute force, session management, encryption, authorization, predictable sessions, session fixation, insecure logging, data validation, and user enumeration attacks. This is a Level 200 course to the OWASP Top 10.
- OWASP Top 10 2013: In-depth look at the top 10 most important web application vulnerabilities including in the OWASP 2013 list, including why these flaws happen, how hackers exploit them and best practices for defending against these threats. Course helps meet compliance with PCI-DSS 6.5.
- Security Awareness: Covers every day IT security risks faced by organizations, including how to avoid email phishing attacks, recognize social engineering, manage password strength, configure mobile devices, and more. This course helps satisfy PCI-DSS requirement 12.6.1a.
ABOUT SECURITY COMPASS
Headquartered in Toronto, Security Compass is a leading information security firm specializing in web and mobile application security for Fortune 10s-500s, large financial institutions, energy firms, technology/software providers, media companies, retailers and other businesses. Security Compass guides teams in building customized security blueprints based the industry, software development lifecycle, and business needs to cost-effectively mitigate risks. Its secure application lifecycle management tool, SD Elements, was selected for Ovum's 2014 On the Radar report and recognized by Gartners 2014 Cool Vendors in Application and Endpoint Security report. Website: http://www.securitycompass.com.