“The Institute of Financial Operations stands as the leading authority for the financial operations universe, and I am very proud to have been selected to lead the IFO as we continue to serve as the trusted voice and primary resource for our members."
Orlando, Florida (PRWEB) December 02, 2014
Ken Brown has been named Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Institute of Financial Operations, the nonprofit membership-based professional association which serves finance professionals in accounts payable, accounts receivable, information management, and data capture. Based in Orlando, Florida, with affiliates in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom, the IFO serves as the acknowledged leader, global voice, and principal educator for people in financial operations.
Prior to his appointment Brown served as Interim Executive Director for the IFO since January 2014. Previous to that he was the organization’s Vice President of Operations.
“The Institute of Financial Operations stands as the leading authority for the financial operations universe, and I am very proud to have been selected to lead The Institute as we continue to serve as the trusted voice and the primary resource for our members and their professions,” said Brown. “I look forward to working with our board to maintain and strengthen our organizational excellence, while building The Institute to best serve our valued members.”
During its meeting in early November in Orlando, Florida, the Board of Directors also named its new officers and members. The new Chair, effective immediately, is Fidel Coutou, Senior Director of Procure-To-Pay Shared Services at Rogers Communications in Toronto. She will serve a two-year term. Coutou replaces Michael Mallon, who had held the post since 2012.
Other officers and directors include:
- Vice Chair — Joe Flynn, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer for Lavante in San Jose, California
- Treasurer — Bill Lowman, Partner at Shuffield, Lowman & Wilson, P.A., in Orlando, Florida
- Secretary — Kathy Shannon, Assistant Vice President of Merchandise Accounting for Costco in Seattle, Washington
- Director — Andre Hale, Vice President, Disney Worldwide Shared Services, Transaction Services and Operations, at The Walt Disney Company in Orlando, Florida
- Director — Charles Kaplan, Vice President of Marketing, Capture, and Search at Perceptive Software in Ashburn, Virginia
- Director — Michael Mallon, Director of University Disbursements, Non-Payroll, for Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts
- Director — Kathy Romano, Executive Director of Bill Print, Payments, and AR Operations at Verizon in Lake Mary, Florida.
For more information on The Institute of Financial Operations, visit http://www.financialops.org .
About The Institute of Financial Operations
The Institute of Financial Operations is a nonprofit membership-based professional association serving the entire financial operations ecosystem, with a particular focus on the accounts payable and accounts receivable disciplines and the related fields of information management and data capture. The Institute grew out of the merger of four associations: International Accounts Payable Professionals (IAPP), International Accounts Receivable Professionals (IARP), the National Association of Purchasing and Payables (NAPP), and The Association for Work Process Improvement (TAWPI).
Based in Orlando, Florida, with affiliates in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom, The Institute serves as a global voice, chief advocate, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, and principal educator for people in financial operations. The Institute has a community of nearly 70,000, which includes 9,000 members and customers, and an additional 61,000 financial operations professionals.
The Institute’s members have access to benefits and leading-edge resources such as the award-winning Financial Ops magazine, a content-rich website, educational and networking events, online educational offerings, certification and certificate programs, career resources, and volunteer opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.financialops.org .