With more than 60 classes next quarter, we literally have something for every skill level and culinary interest.
Glen Ellyn, IL (PRWEB) December 04, 2014
With the cooking and holiday gift-giving season in full swing, Marcel’s Culinary Experience (http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retailer and recreational cooking school in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Chicago suburb), has announced its first quarter 2015 class schedule, plus a new assortment of attractively boxed specialty food collections that can be shipped anywhere in North America.
“Because many of our classes fill up quickly, this is an opportunity for people to register themselves or give the gift of a class to anyone on their shopping list,” says Marcel’s owner Jill Foucré. “With more than 60 classes next quarter, we literally have something for every skill level and culinary interest.”
First quarter 2015 highlights include:
- International classes – both hands-on and demonstration, no passport required -- that span the globe from Argentina, France and Italy to China, Japan and Thailand.
- Baking workshops on crusty breads and sweet doughs.
- Classes with modern, demystified approaches to slow cooking and pressure cookers.
- Prep school classes that tackle the nuances of salt, sauces and fish.
- Celebration Tables that conclude with seated, plated meals with wine in Marcel’s dining area.
- Cocktail party classes, featuring recipes for both food and beverages.
- Classes and day camps for young cooks ages 6-8 (Little Kids), ages 9-11 (Mid Kids), ages 12-16 (Big Kids) and a new class for college students.
- Repeats of some of Marcel’s most popular classes, including Scotch & Steak and Couples in the Kitchen.
Marcel’s, which was recently named Kitchenware Retailer of the Year by industry trade magazine The Gourmet Retailer (http://tinyurl.com/ofs3q8u) also has assembled six collections of small-batch specialty foods for gift-giving during the holidays or anytime. Starting at $75, they come attractively packaged in a Marcel’s branded box for pick up at the store or shipment anywhere in the United States. Marcel’s can also create custom gift baskets or boxes.
The undecided can purchase a gift card in any amount that can be applied toward Marcel’s classes, specialty foods or anything else sold in the store, including Marcel’s Market, an in-store fresh market that opened in June.
For last-minute holiday parties or group gift giving, Marcel’s also has a few spots available in December and January for private classes and other special events. “We have a variety of fun, food-oriented themes and formats available for groups from 10 to 40. If you’ve delayed planning a party or other event, give us a call,” Foucré says.
For more information, including a complete schedule of classes, demonstrations and other events, stop by the store, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com or call (630) 790-8500.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for private events of up to 60 people. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur. For more information, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.