“We expanded our IGBT and MOSFET Modular equipment family range for Static and Dynamic measuring with the addition of tailored and automated test lines from wafer level to DBC substrates and complex power modules."
Geneva, Switzerland (PRWEB) December 05, 2014
LEMSYS SA, the leading global provider of engineered measurement solutions for the power semiconductor industry, announced that it has upgraded a major IGBT and MOSFET production facility in China with a fully automated test line for high voltage Direct Bond Copper (DBC) substrates.
LEMSYS Automated Test Line incorporating robotics and seamlessly integrated in the production line of high power semiconductor devices, can conduct quality testing and sorting of components at a rate of 300 parts/hour meeting annual production output targets of more than 1 Million components.
These are pretty impressive numbers when compared with production plants where the quality test checks are carried out manually by at least two operators working full time, hardly exceeding an annual production output of 200K units.
Mr. Giuseppe Santandrea, member of the Executive Committee of LEMSYS, commented: “We leverage decades of unique partnership with leading power semiconductor suppliers, to expand our IGBT and MOSFET Modular equipment family range for Static and Dynamic testing with the addition of fully automated test lines to target power semiconductor key markets and specifically to meet the most demanding requirements of our customers in terms of reliability and high volumes”.
Mr. Giuseppe Santandrea continued: “As a team committed to constant innovation, we have designed LEMSYS test line’s technology platform to allow total flexibility ranging from wafer level testing to DBC substrates and complex power modules while supporting next generations of advanced Silicon, Silicon Carbide and Gallium Nitride power devices”.
Key features of LEMSYS automated test line:
- Seamless communication with power semiconductor production line for effective interoperability, management, analysis and planning (Manufacturing Execution System compliant).
- A broad range of configurations via an-easy-to-use test menu for dynamic and static testing and sorting at room temperature or at high temperature (125 °C and more).
- Laser marking of components option provided and 2D Code Reading standards (Bar code, QR code, Datamatrix…) compliant, for traceability.
- Detection function of orientation of Device Under Test (DUT), for easy adjustment, provided.
- Specifically designed for insertion of the DUT in a vacuum chamber and injection of compressed Nitrogen to enable high voltage testing of DBC substrates up to 8000V.
- Fitted with user-friendly interface, intuitive and ergonomic operator panel with glove-based touch screen.
- Open and flexible multi-technology platform for testing of DBC substrates, discrete components and complex power modules.
LEMSYS SA is a leading global provider of test equipment for the power electronics industry. LEMSYS SA designs and manufactures innovative and tailored test and measuring solutions for semiconductor devices such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, Diodes and Thyristors. The company has acquired profound expert knowledge ranging from wafer level to complex and Intelligent Power Modules (IPMs). With an unmatched 40-years track record, LEMSYS SA is the preferred choice of world’s largest power semiconductor providers engaged in manufacturing electronic equipment for electrical traction, electric vehicles (EV), AC drives and energy markets. LEMSYS SA is a key partner in the power semiconductor industry value chain. Its product and service portfolio includes technical support and consulting throughout the entire life cycle of the electronic components from characterisation to mass production.