change the conversation surrounding high school student athletes.
Voorhees, NJ (PRWEB) December 10, 2014
Student athletes have been in the press a lot lately. Stories involving academic fraud, harassment, intimidation, bullying, and drug abuse have made headlines. We want to change these conversations surrounding high school student athletes.
There is more to being an athlete than becoming faster, stronger or more agile. Complete Athletes® balances physical ability with challenging academics and community service. The program embodies positivity both on and off the field.
The Expo will be an educational forum for high school student athletes and their families:
- Legendary St. Anthony's Coach Bob Hurley Sr. and Complete Athlete®, Paige Dellavalle, a West Point athlete and graduate will be Keynote Speakers
- The NJEA Workshop Series will include topics important to student athletes like character building, sports psychology, nutrition, recruiting and college admissions
- Learn how to measure up by trying out the Army Skills Challenge Area
- Meet celebrity athletes, authors and artist like sports psychologist Dr. Jarrod Spencer and world renowned artist James Fiorentino
- Visit our Exhibitors, including several area universities and colleges
- The bloodmobile will be on site accepting donations that will save lives
- A portion of the proceeds from the Expo will be used to support under-served athletes in the tri-state area
The Complete Athlete will be rewarding student-athlete excellence with over $10,000 in scholarships given to high school seniors at our awards ceremony on January 4, 2015.
To request more information about attending, exhibiting, fundraising or nominating a Complete Athlete, please visit: TheCompleteAthleteExpo.com or call at 866-ATHLETE (866-284-5383).