My two recommendations to organizations are to ensure a good mobile experience with responsive design and native apps and to alter their digital presence from a one-way bullhorn to a two-way conversation.
AUSTIN, TEXAS (PRWEB) December 09, 2014
Today Charity Dynamics released The Next Ten Years in Digital Fundraising, showing that 88% of nonprofit professionals expect digital fundraising to grow from 7% of total fundraising to 20% or more within the next 10 years. A majority of those, 50% of total respondents, expect digital fundraising to become more than 30% of total fundraising.
The report is part of Charity Dynamics’ celebration of 10 years serving the nonprofit sector with strategic digital fundraising, marketing and engagement solutions.
Key findings about expectations for fundraising from The Next Ten Years in Digital Fundraising report include:
- 85% of respondents believe social media’s role in fundraising will increase.
- 68% believe smartphones are the mobile technology that will show the biggest growth for digital fundraising.
- While websites are expected to still be the preferred digital channel of choice for donors (37%), nearly a third (32%) of respondents believe the donors 10 years from now will prefer something entirely new and presently unknown.
- 27% of respondents say that technology enabled two-way conversations with donors is what they are most looking forward to in the next 10 years.
- 80% of respondents expect individual donors to donate to the same number or even more charities in the future.
“Over the next decade, the organizations that will be most successful will embrace digital fundraising’s growth and challenge themselves to be aligned with, or even ahead of, the trends,” says Donna Wilkins, Charity Dynamics CEO. “My two recommendations to organizations are to ensure a good mobile experience with responsive design and native apps and to alter their digital presence from a one-way bullhorn to a two-way conversation.”
To download the report, visit http://my.charitydynamics.com/Next10Years.html.
In its ten years of service to nonprofits, Charity Dynamics has established itself as a leader in innovative digital services and as a competitive business. Milestones and noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Served more than 150 nonprofit organizations including the Humane Society of the United States, the American Lung Association and the World Wildlife Fund.
- Introduced in 2008, Charity Dynamics’ Boundless Fundraising™ was the first social and mobile app suite for peer-to-peer fundraisers. To date, Boundless Fundraising™ has empowered fundraisers to raise more than $350 million to support the causes they care about.
- Charity Dynamics has been included on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies four times, most recently ranked 2383rd in 2013. Read more: http://www.charitydynamics.com/press_releases/charity-dynamics-achieves-expansion-milestones-including-new-leadership-and-inclusion-on-inc-5000/
- In 2007 Charity Dynamics opened their first office space. Just three years later, the team expanded to a new location on Executive Center Drive. Growth continued and in November 2013, the team moved to a new office space, also on Executive Center Drive. In total, office space has increased by approximately 300% since 2007.
- Industry-leading research with the Nonprofit Donor Engagement Benchmark Study, Independent Fundraising Event Benchmark Study, Interactive Investment Benchmark Study and now, The Next Ten Years in Digital Fundraising.
About Charity Dynamics (@CharityDynamics)
Charity Dynamics provides comprehensive online marketing and fundraising solutions for nonprofit organizations. The company’s expert consulting services enable nonprofits to create and implement results-driven fundraising strategies through online programs, live and virtual events, social media and mobile solutions. Organizations using Charity Dynamics’ innovative Boundless Fundraising™ solution have raised more than $350 million directly through the suite of applications since it launched in late 2008. Charity Dynamics’ clients include The ALS Association, American Cancer Society, National Multiple Sclerosis Society and The Salvation Army. For more information, please visit http://www.charitydynamics.com.