WACO, Texas (PRWEB) December 07, 2014
If you want to create a festive mood in your home or office this holiday season, look no further than live plants, wreaths, garlands and greenery. Using live plants and greenery to decorate is a great way to brighten rooms, boost spirits, and capture the nostalgic feeling of the holidays.
The Grounds Guys offers these tips for keeping holiday plants or greenery looking festive throughout the season:
- Make your selection of holiday greenery carefully. Pine, fir and cedar dry out more slowly than other types of greenery, so they are often the best choice for decorations. You might also enjoy varieties of poinsettias, holiday cacti, amaryllis, mistletoe, and holly.
- Practice patience. Greenery dries out naturally, so delaying your decorating until one or two weeks before the holiday heightens the chances of having beautiful greenery longer.
- Check your greenery every couple of days. Look for sprigs that are turning brown or needles that are falling, and remove or trim them. Discard dried out greenery away from your home or office to prevent fire hazard.
- Place greenery away from heat sources. Never hang greenery around an open fire. Place greenery away from heat vents, space heaters, candles and sunny windows since these heat sources can cause it to dry out more quickly.
- Water plants as needed. Also, use a water bottle with a pump to mist the greenery lightly so it stays looking fresh and festive.
- Add a festive touch to your potted plants. Wrap the pots in colored foil wrapping paper or tie a bow around them. You might also add small ornaments or other decorations such as confetti, tinsel, or ribbon around the plants.
For more information on caring for plants this winter or year-round, give the experts at The Grounds Guy a call at 1-888-992-4251. Their team of professionals is happy to assist in keeping their plants and landscaping looking beautiful.