'It is not enough for cloud service providers to sell raw infrastructure and then expect their customers to navigate through disparate add-ons or rely on expensive third party integrations,' said Justin Giardina, CTO of iland.
HOUSTON (PRWEB) December 09, 2014
Currently the vast majority of cloud service providers put the onus on the customer to do the heavy lifting when it comes to planning, implementing and managing their public cloud resources. iland today announced major enhancements to its Enterprise Cloud Services portal that alleviate this burden. The new release integrates disaster recovery, action-oriented alerting and enriched management functionality, empowering companies to easily protect, monitor and control their iland cloud resources from anywhere.
With most big box cloud providers, once a customer has adopted a baseline infrastructure, they are typically directed to a vast “ecosystem” of applications and third parties with the assurance they should be able find the right offering to make their cloud work there. The hard work continues as teams must ultimately onboard and train users on the various components. The resulting patchwork often eats into the very cost, scalability and agility benefits that drove the customer to adopt cloud in the first place.
“It is not enough for cloud service providers to sell raw infrastructure and then expect their customers to navigate through disparate add-ons or rely on expensive third party integrations,” said Justin Giardina, CTO of iland. “At iland, we’re committed to working with customers to understand and anticipate their needs, and we invest heavily in research, engineering, product development and support to ensure they get the maximum value from their cloud.”
“The idea that the entire market of cloud customers could ever be satisfied by basic IaaS is one of the greatest misnomers in the industry today,” said Mark Bowker, senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “iland’s ECS portal exemplifies enterprise cloud, with its methodically assembled set of services that drive business outcomes and help businesses successfully adopt cloud services beyond the basics while enabling them to embrace the cloud with confidence.”
Ensure resiliency of IT footprints directly from the ECS portal
- Leverage integrated disaster recovery based on Zerto technology to support both on-premise-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud business continuity plans.
- Test and execute failover and failback at any time.
- View ongoing Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objective metrics and achieve near-zero recovery times.
- Configure application priorities to ensure the most critical workloads are restored first.
- Integrated 7-day backup based on Veeam technology is included; longer term options are available with new cost-effective archive storage tier.
Rapidly optimize and manage resources while reducing training and monitoring time
- Speed secure remote access with integrated SSL-VPN feature supported by a configuration wizard.
- Configure alerts on resource consumption and cost statistics and receive notifications with action-oriented analysis.
- Create vApp templates to expedite future deployments.
- Leverage multiple storage profiles to match performance and budget requirements, relying on in-depth IOPS graphs to understand storage usage.
- Integrate internal management systems to iland’s cloud using metadata exposed API.
- Maximize performance and stability with update notifications and one-click installs of VMware Tools and hardware version.
“As we continue the global expansion of our cloud-based unified communications solutions, we are committed to delivering the innovative, high-quality services that allow customers to efficiently collaborate and drive business initiatives forward,” said Laith Zalzalah, director, portfolio management – cloud services at Mitel. “iland helps us get the job done, as its enterprise cloud infrastructure and ECS portal give us the superior level of transparency and analytics we need to optimize our cloud resources. What’s more, iland continues to integrate new functionality such as backup and disaster recovery capabilities into its portal, which we look forward to leveraging as our portfolio evolves to satisfy diverse customer demands.”
iland is ranked as a leader in Forrester Research, Inc.’s report entitled, “The Forrester Wave™: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014.” Forrester refers to iland as “the dark horse champion” in the report. In the research firm’s evaluation, iland received the highest scores possible for its core DRaaS offerings, recovery objective capabilities, platform and application support, data resiliency and risk mitigation, security, value proposition and vision, as well as pricing, service levels and contract terms.
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- Webinar December 10: Demo of the ECS portal enhancements
- Video demo & overview: iland Enterprise Cloud Services portal
- Free trial: iland Enterprise Cloud Services
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers proven enterprise cloud solutions that help companies do business faster, smarter and more flexibly. Unlike any other provider, iland’s technology and consultative approach mean anyone–regardless of expertise, location or business objective–can experience the benefits of a hassle-free cloud. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. Underscoring the strength of its platform, the company has been recognized as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas; is part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS; and partners with other industry leaders including Zerto and Veeam. Visit http://www.iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #