As Winter Arrives, Be Wary of Carbon Monoxide Danger in Home

Share Article

Columbia Southern University offers public service announcement video on carbon monoxide danger.

As winter approaches, Columbia Southern University (CSU) would like to remind the public of the dangers of carbon monoxide.

Often called the invisible killer, carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide. A carbon monoxide detector is highly recommended for homeowners, particularly as they ignite furnaces, fireplaces, heaters, etc., now and in the coming winter.

In promoting this valuable safety message, CSU asks all media outlets and websites to air its public service announcement in support of carbon monoxide safety awareness.

The 15-second video features Deputy Commissioner Henry J. Costo of the Philadelphia Fire Department. Costo is a 39-year veteran of the fire service with the Division of Fire Prevention and Community Risk Reduction, the Fire Marshal’s Office, the Fire Communications Center; the Fire Code Unit; and the Technical Support Unit all under his command.

To download the PSA, visit http://communicator.columbiasouthern.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PSA-ColumbiaSouthernUniv.mp4 Specifications can be adjusted if needed for the desired video format.

CSU offers online associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in various fields such as fire science, fire administration, occupational safety and health, criminal justice and business administration. To learn more about CSU, visit http://www.ColumbiaSouthern.edu.

The Philadelphia Fire Department has been serving Philadelphia for more than 250 years. Philadelphia’s first organized volunteer firefighting service was launched in 1736. The fire department strives to maintain a safe, fire-free environment for all citizens and believes education is key to helping decrease the number of company and medic runs as well as deaths caused by fires.

For questions about this public service announcement, please contact CSU Marketing at 800-977-8449, Ext. 1570.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Anthony Cornealius