From our work with the analytics community at large, we know that these predictions are among the hot topics on the minds of business leaders today, said Jack Phillips, Co-Founder and CEO of IIA.
Portland, OR (PRWEB) December 10, 2014
The International Institute for Analytics (IIA), the leading independent research and advisory firm that works exclusively with businesses to build strong and competitive analytics programs, published its annual list of top predictions for 2015 and shared them today during a live webcast.
Each year, this Analytics Predictions webinar features a panel of IIA experts, who identify the major trends in analytics that IIA predicts will have significant impact on organizations, the analytics industry, and analytics professionals in the coming year. As businesses look to keep up with technological change and pursue analytics to gain competitive advantage, these predictions can help them plan where to focus time, attention and resources.
As analytics continue to grow in importance and impact, successful organizations are recognizing the critical nature of communicating analytics and the stories behind the data. Effective storytelling that makes sense of analytics insights can help organizations solve business problems. With this in mind, IIA predicts that storytelling will be the “hot” new job in analytics in 2015.
This view is among 10 Analytics Predictions for 2015, issued today by the International Institute for Analytics (IIA).
The predictions were unveiled today during IIA’s 2015 Analytics Predictions Webinar, led by IIA Research Director and Co-Founder Thomas H. Davenport, CEO and Co-Founder Jack Phillips, Lead Faculty member Robert Morison, and additional contributors from the IIA community of analytics experts and professionals. Along with their predictions, this distinguished group of analytics experts shared their views on the last 12 months’ developments in analytics.
The 2015 Predictions:
For the fourth year, a panel of IIA faculty and analytics leaders reviewed an extensive list of trends, and identified the ones most likely to come into prominence in the analytics industry in the coming year. IIA’s ten predictions for 2015 are:
1. Organizations will clarify CAO and CDO roles and how they fit into their overall staffing structure.
2. Storytelling will be the hot new job in analytics.
3. Ensemble methods for analytical models will grow in popularity.
4. The application of analytics for holistic and integrated security breach prevention will be a top priority.
5. We will see the emergence of “The Analytics of Things”.
6. Companies will double their investment in generating new and unique data.
7. Hadoop will go mainstream.
8. Privacy demands will spark tools and services that allow consumers to determine if/how their data is shared and at what price.
9. Analytics, machine learning, and cognitive computing will increasingly take over the jobs of knowledge workers.
10. Automated decision-making will come of age in 2015.
“From our work with the analytics community at large, we know that these predictions are among the hot topics on the minds of business leaders today,” said Jack Phillips, Co-Founder and CEO of IIA. “IIA looks forward to advising our clients and producing research materials on these topics and more in the coming year.”
The webinar was attended by a global audience of business analytics leaders from a variety of industries, including retail, healthcare, manufacturing, banking, and insurance. One in a series of educational webinars conducted by IIA, the 2015 Analytics Predictions Webinar and the corresponding research brief are available to view on-demand at ii4a.com/5e8c2
Follow IIA via Social Media
Another way to engage with IIA’s community of analytics experts and professionals is through social media:
- Blogs—Read posts and hear from IIA and customer experts on IIA’s Faculty Blog
- Twitter—Track the latest news by following @iianalytics and the hashtag #2015Analytics.
- LinkedIn—Join IIA’s LinkedIn group to keep up on the latest research and discussions.
- Facebook—“Like” IIA on Facebook and receive updates.
The International Institute for Analytics, is an independent research and advisory firm for organizations committed to accelerating their business through the power of analytics. Co-founded by Research Director Thomas H. Davenport and CEO Jack Phillips, IIA works across a breadth of industries to uncover actionable insights from its network of analytics practitioners, industry experts and faculty. IIA’s Enterprise Research clients gain access to an extensive research library, faculty-moderated executive roundtables and phone conversations. IIA also provides analytics benchmarking, inquiry and advisory services to its members, allowing business leaders and analytics professionals to keep their fingers on the pulse of analytics in the new data economy. Since its inception, SAS, Intel, Teradata, and Dell have supported IIA as underwriters. For more information about IIA, and how you can become a member, visit iianalytics.com or call 503-467-0210.