Injury Attorneys Match Donations for 'Toys for Tots' in Las Vegas

Share Article

For the seventh year in a row the staff of Henness and Haight, Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas donate toys to "Toys for Tots" and match every donation made.

Las Vegas Injury Attorneys, Henness and Haight, continue to support “Toy for Tots” by holding their seventh annual donation drive for the not-for-profit charity that provides toys for needy children in America and abroad during the holidays.

“Toys for Tots” was founded in Los Angeles in 1947 by Major Bill Hendricks of the US Marine Corps. In their first year they collected 5000 toys, but, due to the growing support from communities and small businesses, by 2012 they were distributing nearly 16.8 million toys to more than 7 million children each year.

Mark Henness and Michael Haight have consistently played a substantial role in supporting the community, especially those in need in Las Vegas. To strengthen that commitment, they've made a tradition out of their annual donation drive for “Toys for Tots”. Michael Haight explains why they continue this tradition, “We've been working with "Toys for Tots" for seven years now, and it's always one of our favorite times of the year. This amazing charity gives us the opportunity to put smiles on the faces of needy children who would otherwise go without. Every year since we started our staff amazes me by donating more toys than the year before, and we plan on continuing that pattern this year.”

Although "Toys for Tots" collects donations from all around the country, it is part of their mission to distribute Toys to needy children in the same community the donations came from. This insures that organizations like Henness and Haight can support both the charity and their local community.

Countless businesses and celebrities have supported "Toys for Tots" over the years including John Wayne, Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, Clint Eastwood, Johnny Carson, First Ladies, Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, and, recently, Michelle Obama. However, one thing that sets Henness and Haight apart is their commitment to match every donation made by their staff. Not only have they collected over 100 toys in past years, they personally double that amount to show their support for "Toys for Tots" and the local community in Las Vegas. As personal injury attorneys, they feel a sense of responsibility towards the members of their community, especially those in need.

"Toys for Tots" maintains incredibly high standards as a charity, and has therefore become one of the top rated charities in the country. In addition to toy donations, the charity also accepts monetary donations; of which 97% goes directly to providing toys, books and other gifts to less fortunate children. The remaining 3% is spent on fund-raising expenses – none of the donations go towards salary or manpower costs. This generous business model, coupled with their widespread success has earned them a place in the Philanthropy 400 for the past 12 years. The Philanthropy 400 represents the 400 most successful fund-raising groups in America.

Anyone in Las Vegas can donate toys to the foundation by dropping them off at the offices of Henness and Haight at 8972 Spanish Ridge Ave Suite 100 by Friday, December 12th.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Michael Haight

Mark Henness
Follow us on
Visit website