There's Still Time to Give Generously and Save Taxes.
Olathe, KS (PRWEB) December 11, 2014
Working closely with individuals and companies since 1982, National Christian Foundation (NCF) has facilitated $4.8 billion in grants to charity nationally and $1 billion through the NCF-Heartland office. So far in 2014, thousands of individuals and families have contributed more than $521 million to their Giving Funds. In addition, NCF has granted over $673 million to more than 14,909 charities. It’s not too late to consider year-end giving or setting up a Giving Fund through NCF.
Below are remaining key dates for end-of-year-giving to maximize contributions using a Giving Fund.
- December 12 – Separately Invested Accounts
Fund’s investments can be separately managed by a professional advisor, contact the NCF team for details and complete an application by this date.
- December 19 – Asset-Based gifts
Submit a completed Asset Donation Form and Due Diligence documents by this date (such as business interests, real estate, restricted securities).
- December 31 – Make all 2014 contributions to your Fund
To ensure you receive your 2014 tax deductions, make these gifts by December 31:
◦ Mutual funds and publicly traded securities – These must arrive in NCF’s brokerage account by this date. We encourage initiating the transfer with your broker as early in the month as possible, as some transfers can take several days to arrive in our account. Watch a video to learn more, or download the right forms to get started with these tax-smart assets.
◦ Physical checks – Postmark and send them via U.S. mail.
◦ E-check and credit card gifts – From your Giving Fund, select the Give to my Fund link in the GIVE menu. These must be completed before midnight in the time zone where the gift is made.
◦ Wire transfers and separately invested account transfers – Visit our forms page for instructions and forms.
◦ Paper certificates – Postmark and send Certificate, Stock Power, and Certificate release request by this date.
- Any time – Grants to charities
There is no year-end deadline for recommending grants from your Fund to charities. You can do this any time this year or in 2015.
About the National Christian Foundation: At the National Christian Foundation, we help generous Christians give more than they ever thought possible to the charities they love. Generosity is not a matter of amount of dollars given, but the heart behind the gift. Therefore, everyone can be a generous giver and NCF provides the tools to make that possible. Since its launch, givers have used NCF to send more than $4.8 billion in grants to thousands of churches, ministries and non-profits. Over 200 charitable giving experts make up the NCF team around the country.