... Taking simple precautions can mean the difference between rodent free homes and places of work, or rodent infested ones. -Jeff Patton, Commercial Service Manager
Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) December 12, 2014
Homeowners work hard to keep their homes safe and healthy during the holiday season. Uninvited guests, especially small, furry rodents, are never welcome at any time of the year, but especially at holiday time. Alpha Ecological Pest Control provides tips on how to prevent nuisance wildlife from getting inside homes and businesses.
Jeff Patton, Commercial Service Manager, shares his thoughts on the subject:
What people don’t realize is that certain types of rodents can be incredibly active during the winter months as they try to survive by taking advantage of our heated homes and work places. Taking simple precautions can mean the difference between rodent free homes and places of work, or rodent infested ones. This is especially true around the holidays when homeowners and businesses are bound to host large holiday parties, and have to store excess food in their garages, pantries, and kitchens.
Alpha Ecological Pest Control, along with The National Pest Management Association (NPMA), recommends the following steps to keep nuisance wildlife from entering your home:
- Seal any cracks or small openings with the appropriate filler, such as caulks, sealants or copper mesh, and pay special attention to holes in the structure that lead to dark secluded areas, like attics and belfries.
- Screen attic vents and openings to chimneys.
- Install door sweeps.
- Repair any loose siding or shingles.
- Store trashcans and recycling bins indoors or use tight-fitting lids if kept outdoors.
- Bring pet food dishes inside at night to avoid attracting wildlife.
- Keep tree limbs cut back at least six to eight feet from the roofline.
- Keep woodpiles elevated and at least 15 feet from the house.
- Remove holiday trees away from the home while waiting for trash pick-up.
For more information on wildlife pests and other pest control options please contact us at info(at)alphaecological(dot)com, call us for a free, no obligation inspection at 1-800-729-3764, or visit http://www.alphaecological.com.