Approach Guides’ customers share our desire for meaningful and inspirational travel experiences and we’re excited to help them discover the incredible richness of Sri Lanka’s cultural heritage.
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) December 17, 2014
Approach Guides, a leading publisher of cultural travel guidebooks, today announced the launch its first travel guide to Sri Lanka, “Sri Lanka Revealed: The Cultural Triangle” (http://www.approachguides.com/sri-lanka), which explores the art and architecture in four of Sri Lanka’s premier ancient cities: Anuradhapura, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, and Dambulla.
Breaking from traditional guidebooks, Approach Guides offers travelers a way to learn about and engage with Sri Lanka’s 2000-year artistic and architectural legacy through detailed site profiles, 148 high-resolution full-color images and 44 detailed floorplans that highlight important features. Among the sites covered in this guidebook are the world’s largest brick-built structures, ancient bodhi tree shrines, painted cave temples and colossal standing Buddhas.
“The spiritual heartland of Theravada Buddhism, Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle is home to magnificent art and architecture that served as inspiration for the rest of Southeast Asia,” said David Raezer, co-founder of Approach Guides. “Approach Guides' customers share our desire for meaningful and inspirational travel experiences and we’re excited to help them discover the incredible richness of Sri Lanka’s cultural heritage.”
Approach Guides digital guidebooks make it easy for travelers to connect with a destination’s art and architecture:
- Detailed floorplans and high-resolution images make it easy to locate key features and understand what’s most important while touring each site.
- Interactive maps enable travelers to explore their destination wherever they are, while offline maps eliminate data-roaming charges.
- Information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy and links are provided to valuable supplementary online resources.
- Author tips provide important recommendations so travelers get the most from their experience while on location.
Approach Guides are available exclusively as digital books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple’s iBook Store and approachguides.com.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides (http://www.approachguides.com) reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food or wine. Approach Guides publishes 35 travel guidebooks and three mobile applications that cover more than 60 destinations worldwide, including sites in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas. Approach Guides are available for download on the iPhone and iPad on Apple’s iBook Store, and for all digital devices at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and approachguides.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- Want to know what we say about a particular location? We can email you the relevant pages.
- Review copies of Approach Guides “Sri Lanka Revealed: The Cultural Triangle” are available. Please email jennifer(at)approachguides(dot)com and indicate your preferred reading device.