Zhengzhou, China (PRWEB) December 13, 2014
With the abrasives industry booming and abrasives’ demand projected to rise at 6.0% annually through 2015, the grinding wheel manufacturers brought in a technology that was bigger and better, promising exceptional performance, extraordinary stability, and other rewarding advantages. This technology is what we now refer to as superabrasives.
So, What Are Superabrasives Really?
Taking its root from the industrial abrasives category, superabrasives have higher performance than your average wheels. For instance, the wheels display a cutting capability of over 10,000 SFM. Developed with some of the most extreme resources, they include industrial diamonds, CBN, and other combinations to give the superabrasives the added edge.
Let’s take a look at each element exclusively:
- Cubic boron nitride: Where diamonds and its particles are used as a common abrasive due to its cutting capability, CBN has evolved as the second hardest cutting tool choice by industrialists.
- Polycrystalline: This is a collection of crystals grains structured together to attribute to its abrasive quality.
- CVD Diamond: Stands for chemical vapor deposition, in which synthesized diamond with hydrocarbon gas mixture to increase its hardness and thermal conductivity.
- Nanodiamonds: With the help of a controlled explosion, these diamonds are formed to be used as superabrasive.
What Are Its Advantages That You Can Reap Benefits Off?
While the extraordinary performance and stability are a few winning factors for abrasives, they offer additional benefits to major industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, medical, electronics, etc:
- High surface speed is guaranteed: While traditional wheels offer about 3,000 – 5,000 SFM range, bonded superabrasive wheel speeds have the capacity to go up to 10,000 SFM to 30,000 SFM, mostly exceeding that as well.
- Quick, simple setup: Typically, owing to its smaller size and ease of handling, the setup of superabrasive tools is relatively faster.
- They’re cheaper too! While it is true that the initial investment cost is higher than that of conventional abrasives, studies conducted have proven that the abrasive cost per unit per part is actually less.
- Exquisite finishing: There is no denying the quality of the dimensional accuracy. They exhibit the least about process variability, with consistency and perfection.
Because of these advantages, the advances that are to be made within the industry of abrasives will mostly be attributed to superabrasives, seeing that they offer unparalleled performance and reduced costs. Take a look at our range of superabrasives right here.
iAbrasive, headquartered in China since 2012, is an international abrasives trading marketplace. We are the facilitators of online abrasives and abrasive products, and connect buyers and sellers from around the world.