PORTLAND, Ore. (PRWEB) December 18, 2014
At Pacific Office Automation, sustainability is always top of mind. As a leader in document management software and office technology for more than 38 years, all of Pacific Office Automation’s equipment meets or exceeds Energy Star compliance standards.
To help customers go green and make their offices more environmentally friendly in 2015, Pacific Office Automation offers the following tips and ideas:
1. Invest in a multifunction printer. An MFP will automatically decrease paper input by storing scans, faxes, and copies electronically. Instead of printing shared documents, they can be sent and edited across the network.
2. Utilize paper and ink saving features. Most printers come with a variety of energy saving options, such as double-sided printing or narrow printing margins. Review your owner’s manual to make sure you’re taking advantage of all of the eco-friendly options your printer has to offer.
3. Consider the cloud. Storing data on a shared network rather than a physical server reduces energy consumption while also addressing connectivity and data security issues for work forces that conduct business on mobile devices. Converting to the cloud can also be a great first step toward setting up a completely electronic records system.
4. Rein in runaway printing. Take control of paper usage in your office with print track and control. This simple function will eliminate unnecessary printing by intuitively deleting duplicate or abandoned jobs, and printing documents with the appropriate settings. This print solution also ensures e-mails or test documents will never be sent to the color laser printer.
5. Track print jobs and set up employee permissions. Print track and control solutions can also require employees to log in before printing, copying, scanning, or faxing. By tracking printer use, employers can quickly identify which machine or application is using the most paper and ink, while simultaneously decreasing waste and improving data security.
Decreasing the carbon footprint of your office can also cut costs and increase workflow efficiencies. To learn more, contact Pacific Office Automation for a free workflow analysis or more information about office recycling and Energy Star solutions.
About Pacific Office Automation
Pacific Office Automation (http://www.pacificoffice.com) is a leader in managed printing solutions and document management software. Since 1976, Pacific Office has grown to become the industry’s largest independent dealership with 18 locations throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado. The company is also one of the largest independent distributors, carrying brands such as Sharp, Konica Minolta, Toshiba, Ricoh, Lexmark, Xerox, Canon and HP copiers, printers, faxes and multifunctional devices, as well as Muratec faxes. Pacific Office believes in providing custom print solutions that are fast, efficient and secure so customers can confidently say, “Problem Solved.”