Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 16, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s theFashionSpot (tFS) (http://www.thefashionspot.com), the web’s largest fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, announced today the winners of the second annual Tiffies—the tFS style awards that recognize exceptional contributions in the world of fashion.
For years, an informal version of the awards was conducted on the tFS ‘by-invitation-only’ forum of more than 70,000 fashion influencer members. In 2013, tFS decided to make the process official by creating 12 industry award categories along with two awards honoring diversity and ethics in fashion. While forum members exclusively nominated their top picks, final voting was open to the public.
Below is the list of the 2014 winners, along with a quote from the Best Emerging Designer:
- Best Emerging Designer - Delpozo by Josep Font, "All of us at DELPOZO are honored to be recognized by theFashionSpot, especially at a time when the team is hard at work developing a new collection
- Honorary Award for Ethical Fashion - Honest by Bruno Pieters
- Honorary Award for Diversity - Jean Paul Gaultier
- Best Magazine Cover - Vogue Paris Oct. 2014; Natasha Poly by Mario Testino
- Top Male Model - Arthur Gosse
- Best Male Model Newcomer - Ben Allen
- Best Designer Collection - Louis Vuitton Fall 2014
- Best Fashion Ad Campaign - Moschino Fall 2014 by Steven Meisel
- Most Inspired Fashion Magazine – TIED: Interview (US) and Vogue Paris
- Designer of the Year - Nicolas Ghesquière
- Top Female Model - Karlie Kloss
- Best Female Model Newcomer - Anna Ewers
- Most Stylish: Red Carpet - Lupita Nyong'o
- Most Stylish: Street Style Hanne Gaby Odiele
“Looking at the list of winners, theFashionSpot readership has once again proved that they’re some of the most on-trend style influencers on the market,” said Amina Akhtar, Editorial Director for theFashionSpot. “We’re thrilled with the level of participation from our loyal audience and happy to honor the well-deserving winners of this year’s Tiffies.”
Check out the entire list of winners by visiting: http://www.thefashionspot.com/runway-news/510543-tfs-style-awards-2014-winners/#/slide/1.
Originating in July 2001, theFashionSpot (http://www.theFashionSpot.com) made a name for itself as an invitation-only community of designers, stylists and fashionistas that dissected designer collections, celebrating some and skewering others. Building on the largest fashion-focused community on the web, theFashionSpot.com has grown into a respected fashion editorial site with a strong and active community element. TheFashionSpot’s portfolio of sites currently reaches nearly 2 million unique visitors (comScore, July 2013), with close to 70,000 invitation-only members playing an active role in the site’s forum. It is that in-market participation and authenticity that makes theFashionSpot.com the largest community of fashion influencers online. In 2012 theFashionSpot was recognized by MediaPost’s OMMA Awards for website excellence in fashion and beauty. Recent brand advertisers include Macy’s, Tresemme, Anne Klein, P&amp;G, Kraft, Coach, Revlon, Weight Watchers, and more. theFashionSpot is part of TotallyHer, an Evolve Media (http://www.evolvemediallc.com) company.