"My husband and I saw the Tummy Shield when I was already about 6 months pregnant and wish that we'd found it sooner! I feel so much safer driving around without having the seat belt squeezing my belly or cutting into my legs. I never go without it.
Denver, CO. (PRWEB) December 17, 2014
Tummy Shield™ launches new rental program to help protect pregnant mothers while driving. The Tummy Shield is now available at an affordable monthly fee with an option to purchase.
The Tummy Shield is simple to fit, comfortable and easy to use to protect pregnant mothers and the unborn baby in the event of a car crash and it could save the life of an unborn child or protect the unborn baby from a severe brain or spinal injury.
Numerous tests and studies were conducted by leading U.S. obstetricians and gynecologists as to the effect of motor vehicle crashes on pregnant women and their unborn babies. The results were shocking, and in almost every report, the conclusion is that more must be done to protect the mother and her unborn child, even in a minor collision.
We consider The Tummy Shield Baby's First Car Seat.
- Experts in the field say seat belts aren’t designed for pregnant women.
- Annually 3,000+ pregnancies are lost from motor vehicle crashes.
- Pregnant women know the seat belt is uncomfortable and may choose to not wear it.
- The most common event that occurs is placental abruption
- Other common injuries include uterine rupture to the mother and brain or spinal injuries to the fetus
- Injuries to the baby occur as a result of the seat belt doing its job restraining the mother in the event of a car crash, even if worn as recommended low on the hips the seat belt often has to intrude into the pregnant mother's abdomen to engage the hip bones as it's designed to do.
- Risk of injury during a 16 MPH crash at 28 weeks pregnancy is 26% for belted drivers and 70% for unbelted drivers.
Sometimes expectant mothers are already well along in the pregnancy and want to feel comfortable and peace of mind while in the car or simply want to test how it feels before committing to the purchase. The Tummy Shield™ is now available for trial through an affordable monthly rental program.
The advantages of The Tummy Shield™
- Makes driving while pregnant much more comfortable.
- Increases safety for mom and baby in case of a crash.
- Fits in seconds and diverts seat belt pressure away from the tummy area to the thigh and pelvis areas.
- Easy to move back and forth between driver’s seat and passenger seat.
The monthly rental of the Tummy Shield™ makes it more affordable for those mothers who are already well along in their pregnancy. For less than $1 a day, pregnant mothers can rent the Tummy Shield™ and receive the comfort and safety benefits of this innovative seat belt repositioner for driving while pregnant.
Tummy Shield™ Rental Program Terms Summary
- No cost immediate replacement, if involved in a crash
- $30 “sign-up” fee to prepay shipping both directions
- Maximum of 8 monthly payments, at which time it is yours to keep or you can contact us for return shipping label
- Option to buy within 90 days of start of rental at current advertised price
- All units cleaned and treated with antimicrobial protection between rentals
- $50 fee + actual costs of cleaning, if equipment is stained or otherwise excessively soiled
"My husband and I saw the Tummy Shield when I was already about 6 months pregnant and wish that we'd found it sooner! I feel so much safer driving around without having the seatbelt squeezing my belly or cutting into my legs. I never go without it. Even when my husband drives, we switch the Tummy Shield over to the passenger seat. It's comfortable and very easy to use! We currently rent the Tummy Shield, but if my husband and I decide to have another baby we will be purchasing one to keep our little baby safe right from the beginning!" Erika Perea
More information about the safety benefits, specifications and new rental program for Tummy Shield™ can be found at the http://www.TummyShield.com website.