The Flares concept is about communicating hyper-relevant, time-sensitive information
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) December 22, 2014
FlareWorks today announced two new feature enhancements to the Flares visual messaging platform—recently featured as a “Best New App” and “Great Free App” by Apple. In addition to location images, Flares now has the capability to deliver rapidly expiring photos and quick-notes as attachments to its base location signal.
For users, Flares inverts the “text-first, attach-last” threaded conversation approach to mobile messaging by leveraging image-based communication techniques in the form of photos, maps and quick-notes. The focus is on making messaging more efficient and impactful, particularly when one is in transit and the message delivered is an urgent one.
- Visual-first – Shoot photos, maps and quick-notes—instead of texting—because a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Location-aware – All flares automatically include location data because conversations on the go begin with “Where are you?”
- Time Sensitive – Flares get to the point. Both photos and quick-notes include timers to ensure your visual messages get out quickly.
- Efficient – Photos and quick-notes disappear after viewing. Busy people don’t need more clutter taking up space on their phone.
- Informative – You’ll be notified when someone has seen your flare or when it has expired unseen. If it’s a flare, you’ll want to know.
“The Flares concept is about communicating hyper-relevant, time-sensitive information,” said FlareWorks CEO Brogan Keane. “The reason why you wouldn’t text is because you’re driving, or you’re on the move, or because communicating visually is more impactful and effective than texting.”
For more information view the brief Flares video and follow us on Twitter @flaresapp.
About FlareWorks, Inc.
FlareWorks is a mobile messaging company headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company’s visual messaging platform—called Flares— uses visual images, instead of text, to facilitate the rapid transmission of time-sensitive information between friends and family.
Available for iOS mobile devices, Flares can be downloaded directly from Apple’s app store. The free service is currently available exclusively In the United States and Canada.