Big Sandy, MT (PRWEB) December 17, 2014
This year during the holidays, make a simple nutritional change to your favorite holiday recipes by incorporating KAMUT® Brand khorasan, an ancient, organic and non-GMO wheat. KAMUT® wheat is a great source of nutrition containing higher amounts of nutrients and antioxidants compared to modern wheat such as fiber, protein, selenium and lipids. Some people who are sensitive to modern wheat often find KAMUT® wheat easier to digest.
The rich, nutty and buttery flavor that KAMUT® wheat provides makes it ideal for both a variety of sweet and savory recipes and is perfect for holiday cooking and baking. Kamut International’s website, http://www.Kamut.com, offers a variety of recipes to try this holiday season or simply replace KAMUT® wheat flour in your favorite holiday recipes.
Below are a couple popular holiday recipes. For more delicious ideas, view the KAMUT® Wheat Holiday Recipe Book on ISSUU here: http://issuu.com/adinnyc/docs/kamut_holiday_recipe_book
KAMUT® Brand Khorasan Wheat Butternut Squash Galette
Butternut Squash Layer
½ cup butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp nutmeg
1 4 lb. butternut squash – use the top part without the seeds, peel, halve and cut ¼” slices
1 cup KAMUT® Wheat flour
½ cup all purpose flour
6 Tbs butter
1 Tbs sugar
2/3 cup KAMUT® wheat rolled flakes
½ cup KAMUT® wheat flour
½ cup sugar
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
12 tsp nutmeg
3 Tbs maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients and pulse in a food processor until all the ingredients are mixed and resemble breadcrumbs
- Slowly add ice water and combine by hand until a dough is formed. Press into a ball and then flatten to an 8” disc. Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Take a sheet of parchment at least 15” x 20”, dust with flour and roll out the dough to a 15” circle. Don’t worry if the edges are uneven.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Put onto the rolled pastry dough leaving a 2” border.
Butternut Squash Layer:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, add sugar, salt and nutmeg and cook until combined and bubbly – stir frequently
- Add the squash and cook for 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Remove with tongs and arrange in overlapping circles on top of the gingersnap later and drizzle with the remaining syrup.
- Use the parchment to lift the edges of the pastry and loosely fold over the filling.
- Use the parchment to lift onto a baking sheet and trim the edges close to the galette.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the edges of the galette are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheet. Lift the parchment and slide galette onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
KAMUT® Brand Khorasan Wheat Carrot Cake Cookies.
(Makes around 25 cookies)
¾ cup butter
1¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1½ tsp vanilla
1/3 cup organic milk
1 cup oat bran
2 cup KAMUT® wheat rolled flakes
1 cup KAMUT® wheat flour
1½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
8oz cream cheese softened
3Tbs butter softened
16oz confectioners sugar
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and milk. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until just blended. Grease a baking sheet and drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough in the sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat together the ingredients for the frosting and when cookies have cooled pipe some frosting onto each cookie.
About KAMUT® Brand Khorasan Wheat
The mission of Kamut International is to promote organic agriculture and support organic farmers, to increase diversity of crops and diets, and to protect the heritage of a high quality, delicious ancient grain for the benefit of this and future generations. KAMUT® is a trademark of Kamut International which guarantees high quality standards that are verified by tests from every field.