Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) December 19, 2014
Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) has announced workshop speakers for "Becoming New: Man and Woman Together in Christ," their 2015 conference to be held in Los Angeles, CA on July 24-26. Workshop speakers will join general session speakers John Stackhouse, Ken Fong, Anne Zaki, Eugene Cho, and Adelita Garza to complete CBE’s speaker lineup.
“We are proud to feature an exceptionally diverse lineup of workshop speakers for our Los Angeles conference,” noted Florkime Paye, CBE conference coordinator. “Our speakers have experience as professors, bloggers, social and racial justice advocates, pastors, and authors, among many other fields.”
Workshop speakers will explore how becoming new in Christ shapes one’s worldview and relationships. Throughout the conferences speakers will lead sessions and join panel discussions on advocacy through writing, pastoral leadership, biblical scholarship, intergenerational egalitarians, and much more.
Workshop speakers include:
- Sarah Brooks - Southeastern University
- Tim and Anne Evans - authors
- Dr. Mimi Haddad - CBE president
- W. Tali Hairston - director of the John M. Perkins Center
- Rev. Dr. Young Lee Hertig - director of the Institute for the Study of Asian American Christianity
- Tim Krueger - CBE publications coordinator
- Christa McKirland - Biola University
- Dr. Jeffrey Miller - editor of CBE’s academic journal 'Priscilla Papers' and professor at Milligan College
- Dr. Philip Barton Payne - founder of Linguist's Software, Inc.
- Dr. Ron Pierce - professor at Biola University
- Dr. John L. Thompson - professor at Fuller Seminary
- Dr. Marianne Meye Thompson - professor at Fuller Seminary
- Lisa L. Thompson - director of anti-trafficking at World Hope International
- Dr. Gail Wallace - professor at Azusa Pacific and founder of The Junia Project
- Kate Wallace - founder of The Junia Project
- Mariam Youssef - student at Claremont Graduate University
- Emily Zimbrick-Rogers - Princeton Theological Seminary
Full details on speaker backgrounds and speaking topics can be found on CBE’s website, cbeinternational.org. CBE will add more workshop speakers in coming weeks.
“Becoming New” will be held on July 24-26, 2015 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel. The conference theme is based on 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
In its effort to advance a biblical foundation for gift-based rather than gender-based ministry and service, CBE sponsors annual conferences, facilitates local chapters, hosts an online bookstore, and publishes two award-winning journals. For more information, visit http://www.cbeinternational.org.